Liberator Mk.II AL550/M 159 Sqn, RAF, Salbani 1943- Conversion-Magna/Academy-FINISHED!

Thanks fellas,

Here is the last update for a week or so now as I`ll be busy with other things,.....I was trying to get it finished but I ran out of daylight! The model received a coat of matt varnish, the panel lines were given a watercolour wash and the undercarriage, Curtiss Electric propellers and Boulton Paul 4 gun turrets have been added;

DSCF5486_zpsd3lnxejy.jpg

DSCF5484_zpswjvbbx5c.jpg

DSCF5485_zpsks8lhyus.jpg

DSCF5487_zpsbufhbovk.jpg

As you can see the last pic includes a drawing pin under the fuselage as athough there was enough weight in the nose to ensure that it sat on its undercarriage for the first photos, when the model was turned around it promptly sat on its bottom due to the slight camber of the table!

All that needs to be done is to add the pitot masts, canopy and nose glazing and glaze the windows using Crystal Clear, plus a touch more weathering.

Cheers for now,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 8

Thanks everybody,......I`ve been away in Denmark for the past 5 days but I`ll be back on with finishing off the Lib quite soon,

That is close Paul,......AL551,......that one was mainly used as a transport wasn`t it,.......later with 511 Sqn?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Folks,

The trip to Denmark floored me a bit and it is taking a bit longer to recover than I thought but I managed to get some more stuff done tonight like glazing the small windows using Crystal Clear, adding the canopy and nose glazing plus the nose pitots etc. I just need to do some detail paintwork during the daylight tommorrow, maybe add another coat of varnsh and it is done.

Cheers

Tony

FINISHED,.........Here is the finished model!;

DSCF5500_zpstn1sa3cc.jpg

Thanks to everybody who encouraged me along during this build, I needed a KU the A to finally get this model done,

Cheers

Tony

PS- More photos in the Gallery and in a new thread over on RFI.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 5

Thanks everybody,......I`ve been away in Denmark for the past 5 days but I`ll be back on with finishing off the Lib quite soon,

That is close Paul,......AL551,......that one was mainly used as a transport wasn`t it,.......later with 511 Sqn?

Cheers

Tony

Yes 551 was mainly used for transport including The First Sea Lord

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks,

Pity we didn`t get more Libs built in time but most were building Battle of Britain Spitfire`s I suppose!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks folks,

Pity we didn`t get more Libs built in time but most were building Battle of Britain Spitfire`s I suppose!

Cheers

Tony

Ehhh guilty as charge. My excuse is the turrets. That was my problem.

Cheers,