Tamiya vw beetle 1966 (1:24)

Hi all,

Here are some pictures of a Tamiya vw beetle that I did up earlier this year. This was my first foray into weathering, and I used ground-up pastels and a bit of oil paint to get the worn/dirty effect. I made a few modifications to the kit including lowering the car, flipping the wipers to be accurate, and I borrowed the plate from another kit I am working on as it had a nice photoetch frame.

-Mim

uYTVYZu.jpgL2hH2Z8.jpgMlpS3eu.jpg5iGk8GK.jpgyyyfJs3.jpg

• Like 20

Like this a lot. I'm a big fan of full sized air cooled VW. Always think ratty looking cars can be way more interesting than a full resto. All the dents, rust and patina tell the cars story.

Beautiful - you clearly mastered the weathering thing. Very nice.

Blast from the past for me - the number plate is very similar to the one on our family car in Japan in the late 60s, the Shinagawa district of Tokyo. Never seen that anywhere else before ( except old family photos )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

I like this.it is well weathered,much better than a clean build.good colours.I would be happy to own a real one in these colours.

Excellent

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the kind words!

Beautiful - you clearly mastered the weathering thing. Very nice.

Blast from the past for me - the number plate is very similar to the one on our family car in Japan in the late 60s, the Shinagawa district of Tokyo. Never seen that anywhere else before ( except old family photos )

Cheers,

Mike

That's a neat story regarding the plates MikeW!