Bf-110D 1/48 Eduard update 27-8-2015

I have finally closed the fuselage. Boy that coloured PE wasn't easy, but in the end it was worth it.

Here are some pictures of what hase been done sins the last time.

the front cockpit have had a wash, dry brushing and some detail painting.

IMG_2418_zpsf4qqg7t0.jpg

IMG_2419_zps0xprv9ve.jpg

IMG_2417_zpsuxsvwbn0.jpg

and the back.

IMG_2415_zps9ec2thra.jpg

IMG_2416_zpsjsyghfzc.jpg

and the seat placed

IMG_2420_zps357hpqoh.jpg

IMG_2421_zpsp7vco5dm.jpg

And the magazine racks placed. A pitty they are almost hidden from site.

IMG_2423_zpsny2wlrfc.jpg

and the instrument panel. That is looking sweet. I couldn't have painted it myself this way.

IMG_2422_zpsnahnmbmf.jpg

And finally the fuselage closed and the nose placed and closed up. the seams aren't that bad.

IMG_2424_zpskqzyurrv.jpg

IMG_2427_zpsgo0ohs4d.jpg

As you can see I closed the nose. This will make painting easier, but also give it a nice view compared to everything open.

Here is the last picture. The only part that didn't quite fit well were the panells on the underside. Luckely they will be hidden by the bomb rack.

The pannels were very tight. next time I will need to remove some plastic from the fuselage to get a better fit.

IMG_2428_zpsxozwpyws.jpg

That is it for now. On to the wings and their challenge.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 6

Great work arnie how did you find the width of the nose in comparison to the width of the fuselage?

I think I need to look at that tomorrow, but what I remember from this morning it was OKish. Earlier on in the build I clamped the nose and that may have done almost the trick. I did had some trouble with getting the under nose with the internall frame to fit, but after a few swipes with a sandingstick it did go in.

Most of the trouble I have had till now are mainly that the joints are to tight. aspecialy after there is some paint on it.

The underplate is till now the most anoying one (last picture from my previous post). Luckely the bombrack will hide that.

I have put the main wings together as well. The upper parts were a bit warped, but hopefully they stay straight when the glue hase curred.

The engine nacelles are glued together and hopefully I can testfit these to the wings tomorrow. That will be the greatest challenge.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Done some more work. Specialy on the wings. These are now partialy done and the left wing is already matted to the fuselage.

The fuselage was sanded and the seams cleaned up. I had a tough decicion of leaving the seam on top and bottom of the fuselage. I have chosen to clean it up. I couldn't find a picture were the seam was seen. I think that they were puttied in the factory.

Dazdot.

The width of the nose was realy close to the fuselage. only a few swippes of a sanding stick was enough to blend it in.

The wing to fuselage joint wasn't great. after some extra work I got a decent fit. I will show some pictures next time of what I have done to get a better fit.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Great arnie sounds better than mine was. With the top and bottom seam on 109s and 110's it is not as pronounced as a lot of people think and certainly not as much as the vertical seams joining the Various sections together. Certainly clean it up then a gentle preside will be enough it is there but not a panel line. Good work by sounds of things

Here are some pictures of what hase been done lately on the wings.

The wings after glueing them together. You may noticed I used some Crocodile clamps(?! or how you name them)for a better fit.

IMG_2429_zpserfxat3b.jpgand the engine nacelles done.

IMG_2430_zpsmbt5qdbg.jpg The strengthening strips have some holes in it. In the kit they are closed. I made the holes open.

IMG_2431_zps76z0cawt.jpg

Now comes the tricky part. The fitting of the nacelles to the wing. As you will notice this in the first picture this is a bad fit. Specialy the bad seam.

IMG_2434_zpsppb1sdjw.jpg

I noticed that there are some taps incide the wing glove whitch faul up the fit. I removed those.

IMG_2433_zpslrtsuoh3.jpg

After this the fit to the back was much better, but now there was a huge step on both sides and I used some plastic strips to improve that.

first on the right.

IMG_2435_zpsqmuegcle.jpg

result better fit.

IMG_2436_zpsi9wpy7ca.jpg

and on the left.

IMG_2437_zpsjxlrrucx.jpg

IMG_2438_zpso6vgxncb.jpg

That looks much better and this was just a dry fit. With some glue it would be even better.

And here it is glued with some clamping to hold it in place.because of bad clamping I still hade a small step up on top of the wing, but the seam was gone.

IMG_2439_zpsjcvnhfow.jpg

Then it was time for the wing to fuselage joined.

As you can see in the first picture it didn't go very well.

IMG_2440_zpsuf3akxpk.jpg

so I used some sanding sticks and a dremmel to remove some plastic. After doing some sanding it was becomming better, but there was still a small seam. It looked like ther was a small ridge at the tabs. This is where the dremmel came into work. I used a small dental blur to get it hollowed out a bit and that gave it a much better fit.

IMG_2441_zpsiodfycrz.jpg

The testfit. Just hold together with my hands.

IMG_2442_zpsixxafgn1.jpg

IMG_2443_zps1nlnjgai.jpg

On the underside there is a small gap, but that will be filled.

And the wing after glueing it to the fuselage.

IMG_2444_zpscowarut0.jpg

IMG_2445_zps36iu186u.jpg

As you can see, the topfit is the best. Now I need to do the other side.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6

The second wing is on and I have placed the elevators. The rudders I think I will do later to make the painting easier.

I am not there jet, but it is progressing nicely. Now there will be a lot of small things to do, before I can get to the painting stage.

No pictures jet.

Cheers,

• Like 2

I have bought some new Eduard Brassin wheels for it this weekend.

At the moment the build hase stopped. I am bussy at sanding the seams of the Hurricane and the B-24 I am building at the moment.

As these are getting ready I will have some more time to get going with this one.

Cheers,

I have done some more work on it. The rudders are added and some small stuff including the ETC rack. This nicely hides the gap there..

Here are some pictures.

IMG_2468_zpsfzab0nbg.jpg

IMG_2469_zpscopvdjs1.jpg

IMG_2470_zpsljkfluoz.jpg

That is it for now. Now I still need to sand the wing from the Hurricane.

Cheers,

P.S. After looking at the pictures I now know that I need to do some more sanding on the engines.

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 7

• 1 month later...

I don't know what happened, but I don't think I will finish this one before Sunday.

Sorry Guys.

Cheers,

Join the KUTA GB, and finish it off there, you've made great progress with the 110 keep up the momentum. Cheers Greg

• Like 2