Bf-110D 1/48 Eduard update 27-8-2015

Hi Guys,

After a hard decision I will do a second build. It will be the 1/48 Eduard Bf-110D profipack. It will be OOB.
I think it will be in the colours of SKG 210.
I will put some pictures of the box content later online.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

Well some one had to do one and Arnold you are a brave person to be the one . Many modellers who complete this kit become nervous recks by the end . Dont get me wrong , it builds into a superb model and you will look at it with some satisfaction but it somehow seems to suck the life from you. I did one for the recent Bf110 group build that ended in Feb this year and i still awaken during the night shouting Mummy.

• Like 2

Agreed the other problem i have is keeping it in one piece. It went to Billericay Sunday and came back needing repair after it was repaired twice before took it but you will feel very proud of the work you have done because they are a labour of love

• Like 1

Hmmmm, thanks guys.

I am already a loonie so I will try to do my best.

The most trouble you have is in my opinion the engine nacelles. I will try to get these to get a good fit. I have seen a few builds and I have some ideas to tackle those. If it works, you guys will see.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Here are the pictures of what is in the box.

The boxtop.

IMG_2362_zpswgbjfqbp.jpg

The content.

IMG_2365_zpsapbp8g0d.jpgIMG_2366_zps8tupdd2u.jpgIMG_2363_zps43ef9qqq.jpg

And the decals I want to use.

IMG_2364_zpsurlozb5q.jpg

There is a error on the sheet, that it is a C version, but in reality it was a D-0 version. Also the staffel colour is wrong. It should be white instead of red. I will try to correct that.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

I found some decals in my stash that I almost had forgotten. It's a special Aeromaster sheet of the BoB.

Here are some pictures.

IMG_2380_zpsrp1bu34p.jpg

IMG_2377_zpsrz0vklsx.jpg

The version I want to build will be scheme T in the above picture.

Here are some pictures of the scheme (witch is all wrong about paint) and the decals.

Aerormaster commends to use the RLM70/71 camo, but I found a picture of the plane in Classic colours "Zerstörer vol 1"on page 59. There you can see that the colours were lighter and have more contrast, so I will go for the later scheme of RLM71/02. Also the motteling on the side is different. It almost looks like the side was camo painted as well and later resprayed with some RLM65. That is what I will try to do as well.

The plusside is that they used blue for the staffel colour. That was common used with 1. ErproGr. 210.

IMG_2378_zpswjoa5vv2.jpg

IMG_2379_zpswenjwrom.jpg

• Like 4

Boy, this kit aint easy. I think I need some new specticals after this sesion.

The parts are very small.

Luckely Most parts are now in their place to get some paint later this week.

I have changed my mind about OOB. I have some extra parts from quickboost.

I will use the radio panel, MG magazines, exhausts and maybee the resin gun barrels.

When I have some pictures I will post them.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

Hi Arnold . The Quick boost engine is an easy addition . Used one on my build and i remember it being a good fit.

Thanxs Mottlemaster. I already have a few engines for these kits. I will not use it because I want to put the model in the competition at Telford later this year. If I put the engine in it will go into the super detailed class. That wasn't my intention.

Cheers,

If you can find the original 2008 BoBGB, I built an Eduard Bf110 in Eprobrungsgruppe 210 markings. One thing you will have to do is change the unit badge, as the Aeromaster one is incorrect. I made mine up on decal film, with a red Britain, in a yellow gunsight.

Areas that fought me in the build were the undercarriage ( which I stuck in with epoxy to get it to hold ) the fit of the nose, the insert behind the gunner, and the nacelles.

I will be watching this build with interest.

• Like 1

If you can find the original 2008 BoBGB, I built an Eduard Bf110 in Eprobrungsgruppe 210 markings. One thing you will have to do is change the unit badge, as the Aeromaster one is incorrect. I made mine up on decal film, with a red Britain, in a yellow gunsight.

Areas that fought me in the build were the undercarriage ( which I stuck in with epoxy to get it to hold ) the fit of the nose, the insert behind the gunner, and the nacelles.

I will be watching this build with interest.

I now know what you mean with the unit badge. Luckely there is a good one on the Eduard sheet.

That will make live easier.

I have done some work on the nose as well. I will close it up and use the resin gun barrels from quickboost. I hope to do some paining in the next few days.

Cheers

Edited by Arniec

Finally a update. Here are some pictures of the cockpit painting.

Before painting

IMG_2397_zpsozrveaxd.jpg

IMG_2398_zpsah1hkw2o.jpg

IMG_2399_zpsmnzhymq0.jpg

IMG_2400_zps3ezzdnpp.jpg

And a picture of the preshading

IMG_2401_zpsje12co8b.jpg

And some pictures after painting the interior with RLM02 from Tamiya.

IMG_2402_zps1tsmpqsy.jpg

IMG_2403_zpswryay6ng.jpg

IMG_2404_zpsahg7bnwv.jpg

And a few days ago I have done the nose. As it will be closed up I didn't do to much to it. The only thing I missed were the gun tunnels for the 20 mm cannons. So I made them myself from some plastic tubing.

IMG_2396_zpsqq20aqrq.jpg

IMG_2392_zpsdajyt2nx.jpg

IMG_2393_zpsmn92mbeb.jpg

That is it for now. I am at the moment bussy with the detail painting of the cockpit.

I have already done a wash and also some drybrushing. If the cockpit is ready I will place some more pictures.

Cheers,

• Like 8

Looks like a great start, good work with the gun openings. The Eduard 110 kits are not easy builds, had on mine fit problems with the nose and the engines, but they look great when done.

If you have some budged for spare, i would recommend some replacement wheels, the kit ones are looking a bit too slim.

• Like 1

Looks like a great start, good work with the gun openings. The Eduard 110 kits are not easy builds, had on mine fit problems with the nose and the engines, but they look great when done.

If you have some budged for spare, i would recommend some replacement wheels, the kit ones are looking a bit too slim.

Thanxs.

I was alteady thinking about some replacements. I think I will try to get some from Eduard.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1