Great to see the Royal Navy markings going onto this one :coolio:

Thank you Col. I put the starboard fuselage decals on tonight. I'll post a photo tomorrow evening if I get chance. :)

What he said! Looks great and the colour scheme is excellent...more of a 'When' than 'What if'....

Dermot

Thank you Dermot, I think that Royal Navy scheme would look good on almost any aeroplane.

Hi Joe,

Great progress with the decals! However, I can't stop being amazed at the quality of your paint finish! Simply brilliant :goodjob:

And the aircraft is handsome!

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

Hi Joe,

Great progress with the decals! However, I can't stop being amazed at the quality of your paint finish! Simply brilliant :goodjob:

And the aircraft is handsome!

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime, thank you very much. Your right, it is a handsome aircraft. :)

A couple of photos of the starboard side. I'll decal the port side in a couple of days.

9D3611D1-9AEC-4CB0-B058-11D32482B660_zps

80A4F85D-AB70-4478-9412-182DDC49CCCF_zps

The tail marking needs to be cut round the rudder.

Thanks for looking, Joe.

• Like 7

Looking really good! What do you use for your gloss coat? looks amazing.

Hi Stig, thank you. It's not a gloss coat, it's the semi-gloss paint polished with micro-mesh.

• Like 1

That just looks 'right'

Trevor

Thank you Trevor. I agree, Royal Navy colours do look right. Joe

Stay up late and finish it, looks brilliant

Thank you fids. Good idea to stay up late, but I can't get through the day without a cap-nap these days Joe :)

A very, very, nice piece of work. :goodjob:

Can`t wait to see it finished.

Thank you very much tc2324. I was hoping to get it finished by the weekend if I have time. Joe

Hi Joe, shes really looking the part now. Your decals have turned out very nice indeed. Great work!

Hi Greg, thank you. I think the decals give it a bit of colour :)

Usually not keen about what ifs, but this one does look the part!

Fine job.

Which will be next?

Suggest an AW-2B Wyvern of a U.S. Marines VMA squadron, or a U.S. Navy F2S-3M Scimitar (VF-114 please, love the aardvark).

Thank you ClaudioN, this is the first What If I've ever done. Your ideas would make for a colourful airframe. Joe

F2923230-10DD-41B1-B5B4-410D9E823094_zps

Decals applied on the port side and some other parts ready for assembly

Thank you for looking, Joe.

• Like 4

Usually not keen about what ifs, but this one does look the part!

Fine job.

Which will be next?

Suggest an AW-2B Wyvern of a U.S. Marines VMA squadron, or a U.S. Navy F2S-3M Scimitar (VF-114 please, love the aardvark).

mmmm, why not an ASW gannet?

• Like 1

gonna be a stunner!

Thank you Tim. Almost there.

Brilliant piece of work, Joe. Can't wait to see it all together!

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you Jaime. I'm hoping to finish it this weekend.

One more photo before I start putting it together.

5D360EB6-28BE-45EC-A178-478E89EE54CE_zps

The 50 plus parts ready for final assembly. The walkway sections has been painted in tyre black on the inboard wing area. Also the forward section of the drop tanks have been sprayed with flat varnish. I've just a bit of polishing to finish on the decals, then I can start the final assembly. I hope to get this done over the weekend if time allows.

Thank you for looking, Joe

• Like 3

Hello Gents,

As you can see below, I've glued all the subassemblies together and taken a couple of photos. I was hoping to take more photos today, but I've not had time to do so. The next opportunity will be Friday 27th (unless I get chance beforehand). Thank you all for your kind remarks during the build. Joe

B8A4F0F5-078D-4DB9-9825-28BDEAE830E3_zps

EFD0E434-B73B-4BF2-9D03-406E8C11D39C_zps

Thank you for looking, Joe

• Like 13

As usual, another excellent build, with superb detail and paint finish, Joe! Congrats :goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you very much Jaime. :)

Excellent work Joe. A great idea realised in style :goodjob:

Thank you Col. Also many thanks to you and Enzo for hosting the Group Build. :)
  • Like 1

Great stuff and thoroughly enjoyed this one!

Dermot

Thank you Dermot, I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. I'm sorry, I forgot to thank you when I finished my Defiant for going to all the trouble of posting some pages from the Commando book called Night Fighter. Thank you so much for that. Joe :)
  • Like 1

She looks really good in those colors. Great build.

But she really needs some stores under those wings.

Thank you Philp. I think maybe on reflection you could be right. I did think about stores, but thought they would have to be what ifs as well seeing they would have been for trials. Sitting here having breakfast, I just thought, I could have made an anti-ship missle that was later developed into the BAe Sea Eagel. Joe