PzKpfw V - Panther Ausf.D - Dragon 1/35

Hello,
Here's my newest kitty - Panther Ausf.D.
Dragon - 1/35 - Premium Edition.
Few words about the kit. It was a bit of a disappointment for me to be honest. Not the quality of the moulds, premium addons, but the fit itself. Traditionaly, Dragon's instructions were not good, missing parts, etc. Usually I really enjoyed Dragon kits, but this one was a bit different. Anyways, it was fun to paint it and weather. Decided to go for a non-muded vehicle, just some dust. I hope you like it.
DSC_8088.jpg
DSC_8079.jpg
DSC_8080.jpg
DSC_8085.jpg
DSC_8086.jpg
DSC_8096.jpg
DSC_8090.jpg
DSC_8105.jpg
DSC_8097.jpg
DSC_8107.jpg
Now some motorbike on the workbenchclear.png

See you,

Bart.
  • Like 12

Bart, you've turned out an ace Panther!

I know Dragon's instructions are abysmal and will frustrate the modeller, but despite the trials and tribulations of the build, you have produced a very nice model :)

Great work :goodjob:

Very nice paintjob

Not sure the armoured skirts would bend like that. They'd be torn off long before.

And I've never seen width indicators on a Panther before. Or any German tank, for that matter. Is that a Dragon invention or did they really have them?

Thanks for showing.

And I've never seen width indicators on a Panther before. Or any German tank, for that matter. Is that a Dragon invention or did they really have them?

I wondered about that as well.

But it doesn't stop that from being a top notch model, well done. :thumbsup:

Very nice paintjob

Not sure the armoured skirts would bend like that. They'd be torn off long before.

Thanks for showing.

I wondered about that as well.

But it doesn't stop that from being a top notch model, well done. :thumbsup:

Ausf D. had them on for some time, but they were quite fragile anyways..

panther1.jpg

panther2.jpg

About the skirts.. I've never thought about it to be honest. I've seen some models online and it looked rather nice so I wanted to make on my model too:)

Thanks everyone for the posts!

• Like 2

Great Panther! Love the photos!

But, for my opinion, the gun is too black at the end.....

Gun's okay in my opinion, paint job is crisp, side skirts were invariably battered, missing, hanging off or reattached as necessary and your tracks are a triumph. If you're recreating an exact example of the marque then by all means, dig into the detail. If you are creating something that you enjoy building and like to look at, then build for pleasure without digging into the details.

I wouldn't be upset if that were gracing a little space somewhere in my home.

Top banana.