Tamiya 1/35 PBR

good to see more production line work - that gunners belt is brilliant and I really appreciate all the extra detail and effort you are putting into this build - the kit just cries out for your attention to adding additional detail.

Keep up the great work

I saw some included in a set for the MTB by Griffon...mucho expensive. Know anyone with a dinky lathe? Hey how about this: Brass tube, anneal it and work a pointed file into it....OK, probably nuts. Cones are a bugger to roll at best. finding a pattern and reducing it?

Good luck!

F

Thanks for the input guys ...........

Food for thought :hmmm::pipe:

Another one for you, would the barrel changing handle be fitted?

When are we going to see you back at the bench Fraser?

Kev

Been working on a few paintings, needed a break from the little ship as I can't, at the moment work out the best way to do deadeyes for the rigging....for relaxation I just built an Airfix 1/48th Spit XIX - nice kit, and am wacking together one of their Gnats. Then, assuming the garage isn't too cold back to the boaties!

Need some help/advice Guys!!

Does anyone have a cunning plan for rolling a photo etch flash eliminator (i.e. a cone shape )

I tried everything I could think, even taking shoes and socks off to apply more digits.

Kev

PS I did anneal it

Think out of the box, how about making one from good quality printer paper? It's not as if it's part of any support structure. With a coat of paint you won't see any difference to PE.

Just my :2c:

Old Fa*ts think alike Julian, started having a play this afternoon. One things for sure the paper is going to be a lot easier to bend and trim.

Actually got some work done one the gun pit.

RB Models actually do 0.5 cal empty cartridges

P1010029%20Copy_zpsxbwpu0ej.jpg

Insane ... not bad at approx. £3.5 for twenty but as the first lot were at the bottom of a pit and there are 60 per side, I made my own from 0.6mm brass wire

P1010015%20Copy_zpscys8tqzh.jpg

Completed and hung the webbing seat, pleased with how it turned out

P1010021%20Copy_zpsgvqbihyz.jpg

P1010019%20Copy_zpsu5tkazll.jpg

.50 cals upgraded with RB Models barrels and etch plus Eduard etch

P1010026%20Copy_zpszubfmssj.jpg

P1010027%20Copy_zpsvosn3tdq.jpg

Just need to work out the flash eliminators, will report back

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 11

Kev if you are going to Telford you might be able to pick up some Eduard flash suppressors from there they are a bit fiddly though but then you could make your own turned one,s from plastic rod in a mini drill

Sure a man of your Caliber and skill could do that no bother :coolio:

Beefy

The ammo bins below the guns looked a bit empty so..........

Filled in the void and added some PE ammo

P1010034a%20Copy_zpsyiletgna.jpg

P1010034b%20Copy_zpso9v3rmos.jpg

Feed chutes added

P1010034c%20Copy_zps3g11w8ed.jpg

and guns

P1010034d%20Copy_zpsvnihtbzb.jpg

Proved that the gun flash eliminator can be produced in paper, just need to increase the angle

P1010036%20Copy_zpsk8ty1tkk.jpg

P1010038%20Copy_zpsbaxzno88.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Kev

• Like 9

Thanks for the kind words/encouragement

Starting to build up wheelhouse. The whip antenna bases were out of register so off came their heads.

To be replaced by a couple of bits of tube and wire

P1010064%20Copy_zpsozirmvnk.jpg

P1010063%20Copy_zps2ogd22bm.jpg

>50 cals finished. Having proved the point with the flash eliminators I decided to omit them. I found ref pics with and without.

Painted with Vallejo black grey, black oil wash and a rub down with graphite powder. Cheers Dan

Looking mean.....

P1010071%20Copy_zpscalsv80d.jpg

P1010070%20Copy_zpssqqml4ag.jpg

P1010068%20Copy_zpsh6lptpfy.jpg

P1010065%20Copy_zpsbbw0evps.jpg

The guns are not fixed, hence they are not in line. Having issues with ammo feed.

Tamiya is a non starter (amazed you got them to do anything Julian). Eduard not flexible enough....

Looking from the rear were looking at a P shape, whilst from the side an S shape is needed :banghead:

Looking at Live Resin feed http://models-hobby.com/50-caliber-feed-chutes-this-model-is-made-by-flexible-resin.html

Has anyone had any dealings with Models-Hobby? Just gone to my wishlist and its flagged as a security risk ....... :hmmm:

Kev

• Like 7

Thanks for the kind words/encouragement

Starting to build up wheelhouse. The whip antenna bases were out of register so off came their heads.

To be replaced by a couple of bits of tube and wire

P1010064%20Copy_zpsozirmvnk.jpg

P1010063%20Copy_zps2ogd22bm.jpg

>50 cals finished. Having proved the point with the flash eliminators I decided to omit them. I found ref pics with and without.

Painted with Vallejo black grey, black oil wash and a rub down with graphite powder. Cheers Dan

Looking mean.....

P1010071%20Copy_zpscalsv80d.jpg

P1010070%20Copy_zpssqqml4ag.jpg

P1010068%20Copy_zpsh6lptpfy.jpg

P1010065%20Copy_zpsbbw0evps.jpg

The guns are not fixed, hence they are not in line. Having issues with ammo feed.

Tamiya is a non starter (amazed you got them to do anything Julian). Eduard not flexible enough....

Looking from the rear were looking at a P shape, whilst from the side an S shape is needed :banghead:

Looking at Live Resin feed http://models-hobby.com/50-caliber-feed-chutes-this-model-is-made-by-flexible-resin.html

Has anyone had any dealings with Models-Hobby? Just gone to my wishlist and its flagged as a security risk ....... :hmmm:

Kev

Was just going to mention the 50's not being in synch :winkgrin:

I have vivid memories of fighting with the Tamiya unbendable ammo feeds. Tried everything from boiling water, low heat ovens and harsh language. Never got them to fit in a "pleasing lifelike" fashion. Models-Hobby is an unknown vendor for me. :coolio:

• Like 2