Tamiya 1/35 PBR

Your radios are looking nice Kev. Glad I could help a bit with your build. The link you posted was interesting in how he weathered his PBR.....sometimes the boats did get pretty nasty and he did a bang-up job on his. I won't go as heavy on mine with the weathering....going to do a few things different than his.

BTW you can go a little bluer on the radar set than seen in the picture. Color police shouldn't be able to touch you on that.

Don't foget to add your shelf and a strip below the radios themselves to represent their mounting plates.

Rick in Virginia

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind comments Guys.

Not got a lot of time for modelling at the moment so this weekend I thought I'd have a go at making the ammo box hung on the cockpit aft armoured slab. See pic above post 132

I'm using a foil 0.07mm thick and I tried various ways and finished up with this

Using a combination of a fold mate and a bottom of 1mm thick plastic strip

P1080217%20Copy_zpscrbvto1f.jpg

P1080216%20Copy_zpscqvav2pb.jpg

The edge was secured with super glue and blended in with filler, then covered with etch locking handle

P1080218%20Copy_zpskilsaska.jpg

U shaped bracket made to sit over plate edge

P1080220%20Copy_zpsrevoa6e5.jpg

Painted a different shade than the boat, addition of rocket flares and rag (to keep them in position)

P1080221%20Copy_zpsips13byd.jpg

P1080222%20Copy_zpsff7pklaf.jpg

Now I need to find out what type the grenades are and where I can get 2/3 cheap

I nice touch I feel based on info supplied by Rick,

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 8

Kev;

Standard M26 or M61 frag grenade. One of the US Vietnam DML figure kits (Seals, LRRPs, Marines, etc) should have plenty for what you need. If you have trouble finding a set, let me know. I can send you a couple of grenades from my DML stash.

Thanks for all the kind comments Guys.

Not got a lot of time for modelling at the moment so this weekend I thought I'd have a go at making the ammo box hung on the cockpit aft armoured slab. See pic above post 132

I'm using a foil 0.07mm thick and I tried various ways and finished up with this

Using a combination of a fold mate and a bottom of 1mm thick plastic strip

The edge was secured with super glue and blended in with filler, then covered with etch locking handle

U shaped bracket made to sit over plate edge

Painted a different shade than the boat, addition of rocket flares and rag (to keep them in position)

Now I need to find out what type the grenades are and where I can get 2/3 cheap

I nice touch I feel based on info supplied by Rick,

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Nice one mate, that is a great addition. Carry on like this and you'll have me buying a Pibber :winkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found some time for modelling :yahoo:

I've started on the fwd gun pit

Tarting up the spent case bins and added the electric panel. The guns were electric controlled. I belive this was just firing and elevation, I hope Rick will let us know. While your here Rick can you explain how the controller worked.

P1000941%20Copy_zps8uuh2aoy.jpg

P1000943%20Copy_zpsrrl2yfnz.jpg

P1000944%20Copy_zpsta6g3rio.jpg

The gunner sat on a canvas sling, Tamiya's being a blob I set about making my own

P1000946%20Copy_zps1sa3umpk.jpg

P1000945%20Copy_zps0um3usec.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 6

Need some help/advice Guys!!

Does anyone have a cunning plan for rolling a photo etch flash eliminator (i.e. a cone shape )

I tried everything I could think, even taking shoes and socks off to apply more digits.

Kev

PS I did anneal it

• Like 1

Evening Kev,

Tough one fella, I know mission models made a PE rolling tool, I have both and they are good, I wouldn't even want too try if it's for the 50 cal? Very small ...I'm not much use really mate but if you have any cone shape implement that might be start?

Dan