Tamiya 1/35 PBR

Interesting. I am going to place my Universal Carrier in a diorama where it is charging through a muddy puddle, and I want to recreate big splashes so I'm following this topic with interest.

I will use Woodland Scenics Realistic Water for the puddles themselves (expensive stuff, but very realistic) but I am thinking about using polythene or similar for the sheet-like splashes, and something else for the airborne droplets, maybe glue.

The more options you try, the less I will have to try! :thumbsup:

Badder.

Edited by Badder

Thanks for the comments guys

phildagreek it is an adhesive ! ;-)

Badder

This stuff is ideal for sheet material / water. I spread it thinly on cling film wrapped around a flat surface. This gives it a wrinkled finish cos the film rucks up.

If you want it flat I would suggest spreading it on glass, curved over a tube etc

Give it 24 hours to dry and you can get some thin strings

As you can see in the following photo it can be mixed with acrylic to colour. The stuff is not crystal clear more tinted dirty water

P1020078%20Copy_zpszda1azlo.jpg

You can get it quite thin 0.2mm

Hope this helps

Kev

• Like 4

Spent some time this afternoon sorting bits & pieces....... including rope work .

I've seen several pics with the tow rope fixed with a shackle to the bow reinforcing plate, so.................

Thought you might like to see how I make shackles (Good for you Tanky guys :winkgrin: )

Start by annealing your brass rod so it can easily be bent to shape

P1020079%20Copy_zpsbrxgkbny.jpg

I clamp it in a vice so I can cut the two legs too the length I want

P1020080%20Copy_zpsrzyewll0.jpg

Cut two small tubes by rolling knife on tube. Note clean the end square before cutting then you know the drill bit will slide in one end easily.

These are held in position on the drill bit against the ' U '. Apply solder, in this case solder paint. Apply heat

P1020081e%20Copy_zpsjna24gq9.jpg

You should be left with this. By leaving the bit in whilst soldering you know the tubes are in a straight line and your closing rod will slide in easily.

You can of course replace the rod with a bolt and with a suitable tap you can make a working shackle.

I hold the shackle with the drill bit whilst filing back the tube to the right size

P1020082e%20Copy_zpsuemewqzj.jpg

The finished result

P1020085e%20Copy_zps5lqomtjl.jpg

When the rain stops I'll flatten the end to complete the pin

I hope this is of some use to you out there and I'm not teaching you to suck eggs

As always thanks for stopping by

Kev

Edited by longshanks
  • Like 7

Julian, feel free to place an order matey

Just need the sizes required

Would it be for your up and coming Panzer?

Kev

Hadn't even considered the possibilities there Kev. Really great craftsmanship, who knows, might even see you with your own after market parts e-mail store.

Big compliments mate :goodjob::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

• Like 1