Revell 1:32 Spitfire IIa **FINISHED**

AnonymousDFB1

Revell+Spitfire+Mk+IIa+(23).jpg

I haven't decided which aircraft this will be finished as yet but I've mad a start, photos to follow. I managed to get a couple of hours at the bench yesterday after spending most of the day with GB maintenance.

So fare I've put the IP together using Eduard's PE set.

• Like 6

Hi Mish. Good to see another one of these being built - and sounds like a bargain too! I think, at some point, one of these kits will be my first foray into 1/32. Looking forward to seeing your version of it. :popcorn:

Hmmmm would that be one you picked up Sunday mish? If so glad it's getting built

It is indeed Darren. I was going to build it out of the box but I have decided to using Eduard PE set and some Eduard canopy masks. And one I have decided on the aircraft I will get some camo masks made for it.

The start of a very nice project, will you build the Spit oob?

Yes it will be sort of OOB apart from using the Eduard PE set

Anyway I've decided on which aircraft I will be building, she will be:

P7665 YT L from Kirton in Lindsey and I hope to use some custom made masks from Top Notch Bases and Masks

Sorry still no photos as I'm in the middle of changing roles at work so having to play catch up once I get home.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

ERM point of order mish? Out of the box I recall you saying at billericay? Lol

Err... Well... It sorta just snuck up on me. I though well the PE IP looks good, then I looked at the kit seat and thought it was little lacking and the PE seat was a little too, well PE so in went the resin seat. The the PE seatbelts looked a little 'flat' so out come the fabric ones.

Don't think I will be adding much more...

That's looking great Mish! I'm so tempted to join in the fun, any room for a latecomer in the GB? I'll ask the hosts...

Thanks Mark, looking forward to your build.

Looking very nice indeedy :)

I started this kit a month ago, but, I had to stop because I had two upper starboard side wing halves and no portside, and, the tail end of my portside fuselage half was all distorted. I just got replacement parts today, so, my build will be resuming this weekend!

Those seat-belts really help set it off. I always model straight from the box, no additions.

Enjoy the rest of your build, I'll be following to take some pointers from your build. :)

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...