Greek f-16 demo decals

SAR_Guy

Just a heads up:

After using the above linked contact form, I have received a reply from Col. (ret.) Tripolitakis with payment details and so forth.

Really looking forward to this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, decals arrived in record time. The good [not so] old colonel is a man of his word.

The set is made up by two laser printed sheets: the stencils (at the bottom in the below picture) are printed on a clear decal sheet, while the actual special scheme design elements are printed on a white decal sheet.

There are painting instructions as well as instructions on how to handle the decals (pretty straightforward, actually, from what I can read - although there are all those complicated tail surfaces... :crosseyed: ).

Additionally, right next to the decal instructions there was also a double side printed little sheet of [semi] gloss paper containing blue Remove Before Flight tags, as they appear on the Zeus machine when at rest.

20437711986_58f739efbf_c.jpg

Large image: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/533/20437711986_bd455d5063_o.jpg

If I had the talent and knowledge, i would have made the tail motifs a tad brighter as they appear a bit darker when compared to pictures of the real deal. But anyway, I am very happy someone managed to bring this scheme out in decal form, as I was more than afraid that this year's revised Zeus would steal the show and make this former version redundant - at least with any decal manufacturer.

I cannot understand why the Greek Air Force felt the need to switch to an ugl... another scheme!? "Zeus II" is The Best! :)

Many thanks, Scotty, for the hook up! :worthy:

Cheers,

Niki

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just ordered some decals from Giannis- he did mention that he is 'finish this project' soon - so looks as if he is stopping producing the decals.  So if anyone is thinking of ordering - do so soon.