Evening all,with only 2 week's till my holiday's I didn't want to start another 1/48 scale build so as Stew kindly

sent me the decal's for a BoB Stuka I wanted to build one so here it is and two week's should be fine.

The kit has some nice recessed detail.

SDC13959%20640x480_zpstzi8nqxs.jpgSDC13961%20640x480_zps8kffdorb.jpg

reasonable cockpit but no sidewall details at all.

SDC13962%20640x480_zpsjha0taxc.jpg

So a little ribbing added.

SDC13967%20640x480_zpsuaulhbnw.jpgSDC13965%20640x480_zpsvxnqnrar.jpg

Cockpit after paint.

SDC13963%20640x480_zpshklgpzu7.jpg

and the decal's

SDC13966%20640x480_zpsiel9mbjx.jpg

I will have to do some trawling for the unit and scheme.

• Like 9

Nice start Steve, the Revell kit looks better than the Fujimi as far as the interior goes at least (same lack of sidewall detail though!)... the external detail looks a bit less fine but perfectly acceptable too...

The unit was the 5th Staffel of StG2 based at Lannion in Brittany in August 1940.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

Hi Steve ! Wich kit is it? Airfix?

Andy,this kit is Italeri's original,Revell boxed it in tan plastic and I also have a Tamiya boxing with underwing cannon and spat less

wheel's for a Russian campaign machine.

Nice start Steve, the Revell kit looks better than the Fujimi as far as the interior goes at least (same lack of sidewall detail though!)... the external detail looks a bit less fine but perfectly acceptable too...

The unit was the 5th Staffel of StG2 based at Lannion in Brittany in August 1940.

Cheers,

Stew

Thank's Stew,yes nice enough kit and my LMS is knocking out Revell's boxing at just over a fiver.

Great, another Stuka!!!

Super start Steve, so 2 weeks should be a breeze!

Bring it on!

JR

Thank's Jean,here she is as of today,as usual( it seem's to me) Italeri molding's are beautiful but fit of part's can be fiddly and flimsy

in some area's,I think some of this is down to thin plastic in place's ie. the separate nose which is almost Vac-form it's so thin,however

also as usual you get a lovely looking kit.One week to go before I head North of the border for for the hol's should get

her finished.

SDC13997%20640x480_zpsy8ps2qpj.jpgSDC13996%20640x480_zpssmgqw5ib.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Well Steve, she looks rather gorgeous! I'm sure you'll finish it!

I love it when you English folk talk of going North over the border!!!!! But we do the same where I come from...

Have fun with your 87!

JR

• Like 1

Morning all,all the "bits and bobs" have been added to the airframe bar those that I know will break off! I,ve primed her in the under surface colour

so when I get back tonight i will get her masked and possibly get the base top colour on.

SDC14001%20640x480_zpsj9h3wn7j.jpg

• Like 8

Looks very clean, well done Steve :)

Thank,s Bernd,I,ve just been down to the coast for Sunderland's lifeboat day and left my camera with my son by accident and won,t get it back till

the end of the week! So the next photo's might be the finished article.

• Like 1

That's fast work Steve!

And as usual you're doing a great job of her.

Craig.

Thank's Craig,my workbench resembles the Junker,s factory at times I,ve four on the go!

• Like 2

She looks great! Shame about the camera, but at least we get to see her finished..

Rob

Thank,s Rob I had some nice Sea King pic,s from todays RNLI fundraiser too I was going to post a couple.

Yes, need to check if the transfers give a suitable BoB example.

Jon,there are three Revell boxing,s,this one has the desert camoflage version on the box,there is a D model tankbuster which is the old Matchbox

mold and is OOP,there is another current boxing of their own old tool mold with a green painted machine on the box.the desert version first mentioned

has no BoB decal,s if you need any I have a set from an original Italeri boxing not being used.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Mines the desert camp boxing, it has two sets of transfers, ones obviously the desert set, haven't researched the others yet. If you have a BoB set you're not using I'd be interested, although I might try and reproduce one of the aircraft in the Cash sites books