TSR2 Whiffery by Hockeyboy. Back story added, The Phoenix Rises. FINISHED

thats great - from where did the twin tails get taken?! :shrug:

The twin tails are the actual TSR2 tail from the kit. I have a spare that will undergo swing wing conversion at some point so I did what the RAF techies do & robbed it to make a serviceable jet.

Apologies for lack of progress, works been crazy. Hope to crack on soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great bud, it's amazing how sleek it looks in black. Good luck rescuing the varnish, I am sure if you give it time to harden off and then a light knock back with a 3200 or 3600 micromesh pad and then recoat it should look OK. I would try it on an inconspicuous are first, but the key for me would be to let the varnish harden off properly. HTH

• Like 1

H

Did you use Humbrol's Clear Acrylic varnish? Sometimes giving it a second coat and placing it in a tin/box with a lid on can help to clear a milky finish, as always test a small area first to see if it works first. I like the black scheme it gives it a stealthy look, good job on getting her finished.

• Like 1

H

Did you use Humbrol's Clear Acrylic varnish? Sometimes giving it a second coat and placing it in a tin/box with a lid on can help to clear a milky finish, as always test a small area first to see if it works first. I like the black scheme it gives it a stealthy look, good job on getting her finished.

Hi John,

Its Future floor polish. I thinks theres been a bit of a reaction between the Matt paint that didnt paint matt, the future, the Matt varnish & the final covering of future. Some of the "white" is from the camera flash. I do plan to micromesh again, just need to be careful around the decals.

• Like 1