Daco Paints, is there a UK supplier?

erewhon1872

I know this question was asked in 2011 but didn't get any replies, so I wonder if in the intervening years there is now a UK stockist?

The alternative is ordering them from the website but not sure on the laws on posting paints?

Has anyone had experience in ordering paint from abroad and are there problems getting it posted to the UK?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

thanks, I assume that Daco has a stand at Telford, is that correct? If that's right I wonder if there is a way of ordering and picking up items at the show?

Thanks again for the tip, much appreciated.

To answer the postage question; it's extremely expensive to send paint internationally to the point where it's not really feasible for individual orders if done legally (and international packages are procedurally x-rayed and suspect items destroyed).

Even water based acrylics, if a review of a material safety data sheet is undertaken, are often found to be prohibited items for normal shipping methods.

To answer the postage question; it's extremely expensive to send paint internationally to the point where it's not really feasible for individual orders if done legally (and international packages are procedurally x-rayed and suspect items destroyed).

Even water based acrylics, if a review of a material safety data sheet is undertaken, are often found to be prohibited items for normal shipping methods.

I was In the big Aviation Shop up near Amsterdam airport last week and was tempted to buy some of the Daco paints but I didn't because I feared they would be confiscated at the airport on the way home.

I do not know if this would have happened, but the thought that it might stopped me buying them.

We stock the decal setting solution, but they don't have any UK retailers.

Tthink your options are either get the paints at Telford, or find someone who is going over to one of the european show they attend.

Paul

thanks Paul, I will bear that fact in mind.

I will see if the Daco website has a 'contact us' section and ask if they are happy to take any orders to Telford, I assume that the 'he' referred to in Julien's reply is the rep for Daco that is.