Spitfire cockpit colour Tamiya paint

Murdo

There is no commercially available paint that's a match, in fact (unless they've changed it) you'd be better to mix a colour that matches the colour of the cap.

The man who built the "May Spitfire" told me that ex-riggers told him, if they couldn't get the proper green, they'd mix their own from Sky + very small amounts of camouflage Dark Green.

• Like 1

There is no commercially available paint that's a match, in fact (unless they've changed it) you'd be better to mix a colour that matches the colour of the cap.

The man who built the "May Spitfire" told me that ex-riggers told him, if they couldn't get the proper green, they'd mix their own from Sky + very small amounts of camouflage Dark Green.

That's the way I always mixed Tamiya paints to reproduce this colour, sounds like I was not that wrong.. :lol:

In my case I guess the amount of dark green was even smaller as for something as small as a 1/72 scale Spitfire cockpit I prefer to use a colour lighter than the real one

The one I've just started is the Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Vb.

I've begun by tarting up the engine a wee bit.

The trouble is it takes me months to build a 1/72 plane so I dread how long this thing will take.