Airfix Me109E, "Pipps" Priller.1/48.

Hi folk,s I can't imagine many of the aircraft brigade here on BM not checking out the superb Battle of Britain

GB but just in case here's my take on Priller's 109,the kit is Airfix;s newer tool with Eduard;s weekend edition

decals.The kit comes a very creditable second to Eduard's in comparison with the glazing not quite as well

molded and the awful sprue attachment's on the separate leading edge slat's letting it down.Colour,s are all

Tamiya which I mixed from photo,s and profile,s.Many thank's for looking.http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984672-and-beware-the-hun-in-the-sun/page-1

Build can be found here.

SDC13941%20640x480_zpshyt4ukka.jpgSDC13936%20640x480_zpsbt1n15kb.jpgSDC13935%20640x480_zpstvmu5and.jpgSDC13934%20640x480_zpsjuoqr0is.jpgSDC13928%20640x480_zps4em7ggea.jpgSDC13926%20640x480_zpszpgiqwqu.jpgSDC13925%20640x480_zpsdszbm3b0.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 22

Excellent work Steve! Very clean built and painted. Love the subtile weathering. Nice pic's too...and superb presentation.

THX for sharing. Is there the sentence Gott strafe England by the side of the Bird on the fuselage?

Best regards!

• Like 1

Great work!

Has the battle of Britain anniversary inspired your work for this and the Hurricane then?!

Regards

Dave

Great work!

Has the battle of Britain anniversary inspired your work for this and the Hurricane then?!

Regards

Dave

Great work!

Regards

Dave

Very much Dave,this was a Battle of Britain group build entry I've just started a Stuka and have a Spitfire and another Hurricane to build

after my hol's for it.

Edited by stevej60

Nice build mate,do tell more about the mottled camo :thumbsup:

Just a simple base coat then as my Airbrush is nice but not the best for detail work I tape the end of an old pen to it to refine the

flow and set it to a lower PSI it worked pretty well on another 109 the first time so I tried it on this one.

SDC13559%20640x480_zpsongecvnx.jpgSDC13781%20640x480_zpslpzm14mu.jpg

• Like 3

Many thank's everyone,if anyone,s mad enough to try the airbrush trick beware of drips,don't spray over the model work with the brush

horizontal to the kit.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...