Iwata Freestyle Air Battery Powered Compressor

thomastmcc

It looks to me like Sparmax have re-boxed their battery/mains powered DC-25X compressor for Iwata & added three different pressure settings.

The sparmax version Its not bad for what it is, light, good battery life, pressure more like 20 than 30psi in the real world.

Great if you need a portable unit.

Price wise the sparmax one we have is £140, rather than the £245 list for the Iwata version.

Hope that helps,

Paul

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

anyone saw this a battery powered iwata compressor ..

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?products_id=22092

thomas

I have got today the Iwata Neo Air that looks a similar mini compressor to the one you posted. The Neo Air is not a battery one though. I was looking for a temporary and small compressor as at the moment I cannot use my big compressor for lack of room and after I have watched a review video on Youtube I decided to buy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8L3sWVT3No

I know that is not like a proper compressor but I hope that it will be ok as temporary choice...

• 2 years later...
On 22/08/2015 at 17:10, Yose75 said:

I have got today the Iwata Neo Air that looks a similar mini compressor to the one you posted. The Neo Air is not a battery one though. I was looking for a temporary and small compressor as at the moment I cannot use my big compressor for lack of room and after I have watched a review video on Youtube I decided to buy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8L3sWVT3No

I know that is not like a proper compressor but I hope that it will be ok as temporary choice...

How did you find the Neo air? Looking for something cheap and portable at the moment as I am just getting started

Portable stuff have their disadvantages. They're kinda loud, the motor heats up like crazy, the air pressure is limited (but should be in the modeling range) and if your painting session goes on you might get unlucky and see the compressor shutdown itself because of the thermal protection. Nothing like having paint in the airbrush and not being able to clean it because the compressor doesn't work. I will always advocate for the tank compressors. Much friendlier to the budget in the long term and a better experience.

3 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

Portable stuff have their disadvantages. They're kinda loud, the motor heats up like crazy, the air pressure is limited (but should be in the modeling range) and if your painting session goes on you might get unlucky and see the compressor shutdown itself because of the thermal protection. Nothing like having paint in the airbrush and not being able to clean it because the compressor doesn't work. I will always advocate for the tank compressors. Much friendlier to the budget in the long term and a better experience.

Hmm yes that is what I have read so far. I was mainly looking for a little low power one so I can airbrush outdoors, lugging a big compressor outside isn't that practical :D