Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen

I think I would be inclined to leave the salt staining as it is now. Don't forget that these aircraft would have been hosed down with fresh water on a regular basis when at sea.

Martin

I think I would be inclined to leave the salt staining as it is now. Don't forget that these aircraft would have been hosed down with fresh water on a regular basis when at sea.

Martin

Did not know that. However, I am wanting to go for a grungier, dirty look. Hopefully not too far out of the realm of the real thing. :hmmm:

Thanks,

Harrison

Well, didn't quite get this done before going back to school, but close. A few more little things and a flat coat and that should about do it. However this weathering has been done using mostly oils but also the awesome Windsor and Newton Watercolour Markers. Great for easy blending and precise application. They are expensive but highly recommended. Hope you enjoy. Continue to feel free to comment, as always. :beer:

IMG_1054_zpsiudmmea8.jpg

IMG_1055_zps0jwqwyjw.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsd12vpchc.jpg

IMG_1059_zpsqqyzfftx.jpg

IMG_1058_zpsemokk40t.jpg

IMG_1061_zpsgnxsv6mx.jpg

IMG_1060_zpsnz7uwnkr.jpg

IMG_1063_zpso6saav6v.jpg

IMG_1062_zpsmf03limt.jpg

Cheers,

Harrison

• Like 2

She's done from what I can tell. Has been incredibly hectic, what with school and work and all going on. Hope you all like it and enjoy it. I do hope to bring you my next build but do not know when or if I will have time. Let me know. Thanks. :tooth:

RFI: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234988673-airfix-148-sea-vixen/

IMG_1068_zpscgnagvzz.jpg

Cheers,

Harrison

Edited by harrison90
  • Like 2