Eduard 1/32 Messerschmitt BF109E-3 "Weekend Edition" - "FINAL REVEAL!" (8.18.15)

Love your work and attention to detail. But what I found more amazing is that you completed this kit in 25 days, considering that the taking and editing of all your excellent pictures plus making several videos is also a very time-consuming task!

How do you find the time to do this all?

Your review is interesting, but Revel doesn't give you an Emil, so there is little point making the comparison. And $35.95 is still not bad for a 1/32 kit, giving you 25 days of joy and challenges!

Another alternative would be the Cyber Hobby kit which has very favorable reviews and comes with an engine as well.

Cheers, Peter

Lively work martin. Really nice finish on a challenging kit. Personally and please don't take offence comparing modern revell with nearly 10 year old Eduard is comparing apples and banannas. The revell kit is as near flawless as you can get for a 109g but has problems with the shape of the cannon bulges and the g10 has the wrong wing inserts for the hartmann g10 option. The fit on the revell kit is sublime and detail is a little heavy on the surface but nice. The eduyard kit is to my mind a, an email and was released at a time when the only 1/32 Emil's were the 1970's hasegawa and matchbox kits. The Eduard kit has issues around fit and the weekend kit needs rudder pedals and other pe goodies that were not produced in plastic at the time. As for price I would say in the UK the two compare well I paid 18.00 for my 109g6 and 17.00 for my Emil as a weekend kit. The complications of the engine aside they both have plusses and minusses for me I enjoyed the Emil more because of the challenge it offered. But then I enjoyed the challenge offered by the 1/48th 110 as well as their fw190's. I guess its just horses for courses.

I can't comment on the cyber hobby or trumpeter kits as I haven't built them but having built the trumpeter dauntless and having the me262 in the stash if they go together like them then if its accurate it'll be a good buld.

All the same you certainly got the best out of her and it is a truly gorgeous model and one you should be proud of

Darren

Fantastic modelling and a really great finished model. But for me the whole article is just brilliant and is now bookmarked as a reference guide for when I eventually start one of my own.

• 1 year later...

That is a truly outstanding 109! Brilliant modelling. Well done.

Thanks Plastix, greatly appreciated....sorry for the late response, I was banned from the forum when I completed this build. :o

• Like 1

Martin you have produced one of the nicest Bf-109's I have ever seen!

Your attention to detail and quality of both the build and painting are outstanding, I hope to get somewhere close with my own build.

I like your honest and frank summing up of the kit, nice to hear an honest review rather than one which just sings the praises of a kit whilst avoiding or covering up the truth of the build.

Very well done.

Craig.

Thanks for your very kind praise, greatly appreciated...I'd prefer that all kit reviews were honest, so we all know what we are in for should we be thinking about purchasing one.

Cheers,

Martin :)