1/48 Su-30MK Flanker-C Demonstrator

Pleased to present my latest build. This is my 4th flanker depicting a Su-30MK demonstrator with weapon load. Due to lack of OEM decal, some parts are improvised. Canopy is loosely attached without glue.

su30_zpsu8owu2of.jpg

DSC03036_zpsmoitue1g.jpg

DSC03033_zpshekkfufy.jpg

DSC03030_zps9vukwl5o.jpg

DSC03028_zpsxwtkjks1.jpg

DSC03024_zps4pykcwbi.jpg

DSC03018_zpsagold7zh.jpg

DSC03013_zpsjfibpbgz.jpg

DSC03012_zpsnhfxymmh.jpg

DSC03006_zps3kihlprn.jpg

DSC03003_zpsflkndne8.jpg

• Like 16

wow, amazing stuff, did you take any progress photographs? especially on the camo painting stage? would love to view them

Thanks for the complement, unfortunately I don't have any in progress pics. What I did was I drew the outline of brown and grey patterns with pencil on top of the white primer. No need to worry about non-straight lines, masking tape along the lines will solve that. It's pretty easy.

thanks for that tip, but would have been nice to see some pics thought, its a marvelous job. i've been itching to do a camo jet but dont have the guts to start a freehand camo, so might settle for a camo that needs some masking.

thanks again

O.M.G !!

what a truly MAGNIFICENT build.

IMPECCABLE, IMPRESSIVE, INCREDIBLY GORGEOUS, PRISTINE, FLAWLESS,

LOVE it.. :heart::heart:

Is the first photo of your Flanker cuz it looks SO real and FANTASTIC. :mike::mike:

the base IS ace,

...and the loadout is OUTSTANDING :wow::wow:

Is the first photo of your Flanker cuz it looks SO real and FANTASTIC.

Thank you for the kind comments, the first pic is one of those rare photo I found at some airshow. The story is I had originally planned to build the Su-37 demonstrator with the famous sandy brown camo but opt for Su-30 instead once I found this. Also found this to help me with the patterns, which was tremendous help.

su30mk603-1994_zpsoodrr7sm.jpg

Edited by jzsn

Thank you for the kind comments, the first pic is one of those rare photo I found at some airshow.

The Su-30MK demonstrator appeared at Farnborough 1994 - and wowed the crowd with its stunning aerobatic agility.

The international press dismissed these maneouvres as just an airshow stunt - because the Flanker was without any underwing stores.

The following day - on the orders of the late Mikhail Simonov (Sukhoi General Designer) - it appeared with a full array of underwing weaponry - (dummies, but with the correct weights) - and performed its full display again.

That shut the critics up - photo on Airliners.net

Here's mine in 1/72 scale (converted from the Heller Su-27UB kit) - although I didn't quite nail the colours ....

flank_25.jpg

Great model jzsn..... :thumbsup:

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

nice and rarely seen variant!

this is not a true MK, no?

short fins, but a rather broad one! or do I misjudge the photos...

whatever, very very nice and welcome build!

thanks for showing!