MiG-29 STGB chat

logical

I have to apologise for being a bit scarce this last week or so, was away with work as usual but had the flu as well. So not too active on the web...didn't want to cough & sneeze green things all over the screen and keyboard!

No due to issues with the masks for my beastie, as in the seller and masks have disappeared (I got my money back at least), I'm now stuck as what to do with my build. The kit supplied decals are wrong and they're the only option supplied....plus of course there are other interesting issues I found. Will update where I got to a bit later.

But it is nice to see the good progress being made on other builds here. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ok just a reminder to everyone that there's just a week to go so don't panic!!! :frantic:  Plenty of time to finish up those final bits and get her in the galley. Poor old Dave looks to be very lonely in there so one last push everyone.

For me another one to add to the DNF list for this year. Lots of little things with this build but the final straw was the masks not showing up (actually never sent), so this build is currently sitting in the naughty corner for now.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll finish in time. I'm already working on the cockpit (I assembled the ejection seat and seat belts today) but there's still a lot to do and I won't rush it. I still have to update my thread with the work done in the last few days.

Anyhow, I'll keep working on it till it's finished.

Cheers

Jaime

Ok the end is nigh..... Time for one final push for those that could possibly make the deadline. 

For those who won't make it, please don't rush things for an impossible deadline and stuff things up! There are some lovely builds out there that are close but not close enough the a rush job is worth it. All the threads will remain open so you're free to update them as you can. I know there'll still be a lot of interest in these builds.

I'm not why we have such a low completion rate for this GB, speaking for myself it was a lack on Mojo and some difficult parts on the build, the final straw was the unavailability (ie the seller didn't bother to send them) of the masks I needed. The kit's (I think its more of a toy it's so bad) decals are completely wrong and even I'm not crazy enough to attempt that sort of masking from scratch!

well that's it folks!

Another STGB comes to an end, congratulations to that elite group who actually managed to complete their builds and get them into the galley. To the majority of us who didn't quite make it for whatever reason.......well maybe next time. The threads will all remain open so please update when you can, or ask Enzo if they can be moved into the WIP section.

Due to the very low number of builds in the gallery I don't know if everyone would like a poll up or not? If you could let me know one way or another, it's very easy to set up. 

Again thanks to everyone that came along, however you went I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

• Like 2

Thanks for hosting the GB, Rich, and for the words of incentive along the way. I'm afraid my entry wasn't completed in time but that's just my usual tendency with GBs... I'll keep updating my thread till it's completed, as the MiG 29 is a really superb machine.

Cheers

Jaime

On 10/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, trickyrich said:

well that's it folks!

Another STGB comes to an end, congratulations to that elite group who actually managed to complete their builds and get them into the galley. To the majority of us who didn't quite make it for whatever reason.......well maybe next time. The threads will all remain open so please update when you can, or ask Enzo if they can be moved into the WIP section.

Due to the very low number of builds in the gallery I don't know if everyone would like a poll up or not? If you could let me know one way or another, it's very easy to set up. 

Again thanks to everyone that came along, however you went I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Thanks Boss man, enjoyed the gb and you have made me feel at home....as a true g/b HOST... once again ...:) ....I am indifferent to having or not having a poll...........will go with the flow of the majority.....

It is surprising that so little actually joined the g/b when there was a lot more who showed interest when the idea was mooted. As jaime said the Mig 29 is a superb machine .......which I concur fully..........with it would have been nice to see a lot more of them being built in the various different schemes....of different nations

Thanks to all and it was fun, 

Cheers

Brian

• Like 2