1/72 Eduard (Academy!) B-24D - Chug-A-Lug

I'm slightly late to the party, but having finished the Corsair, my mind has now turned to starting something new. And as a coincidence, this Group Build is running, so I'm going to join in with this:

DSC03890_zpsz63gtuy5.jpg

I picked it up at Telford for the bargain price of £25 from Antics I believe, and I've always fancied making this kit. It's an ex-Academy kit, obviously spruced up and redressed with loads of etch and masks by Eduard - so hopefully it'll keep me busy enough during my limited spare days at the moment!

So when you open the box, this is what you get:

Plastic:

DSC03891_zpsmrnbqtn5.jpg

Decals:

DSC03892_zpsxveecdj2.jpg[/url

Etch and masks:

DSC03893_zpsaycukvdh.jpg

I'm going to do her in the Markings of Chug-A-Lug, as depicted on the box art.

Chug-A-Lug was a B24D of the 98th BG, the ship was used in a low-level operation against Ploesti during which the wing was damaged by a balloon cable and a crew member was killed. However, the aircraft eventually ended up flying 105 missions before being taken back to the US to participate in a War Bonds tour.

Why this marking? I've just always had a thing about desert camouflage on aircraft and think, if I can do it justice, that this will be a great build for me. It's a bit smaller than my normal scales at the moment, but I hope that won't make any problems for me!

Onwards and upwards!

Chris

• Like 1