Hello!

Here is my finished SM.79 Sparviero.

The construction took half a year, actually I was tired at the end.
As usual the Italeri's painting guide was false, and the camo. does not match on the two only shots what I've found about the 28-11, however are taken from the same side. So my camo are 'something like that'.
I had the chanse to paint it to the 2 tona camo, but I didnt liked it.

The flash light may show the colors lighter than these actually are.

And here it is:

P1060914.jpg

P1060916.jpg

P1060918.jpg

P1060920.jpg

P1060924.jpg

P1060930.jpg

P1060931.jpg

P1060934.jpg

P1060936.jpg

P1060938.jpg

P1060940.jpg

P1060941.jpg

P1060943.jpg

P1060944.jpg

P1060948.jpg

P1060950.jpg

P1060954.jpg

P1060958.jpg

P1060960.jpg

P1060965.jpg

P1060969.jpg

P1060971.jpg

P1060979.jpg

P1060982.jpg

P1060986.jpg

And finaly, You can read the project in this topic.
In some words, I can say, this is a good kit, and gives a satisfiing result OOB too, but be careful with the aerials wich beeings are depending on series, and with the painting.

• Like 35

Superb! Please put a post in the "Ready for Inspection" area: I'm sure there are many people who have not seen this and would very much like to.

• Like 1

Excellent build and a beautiful, convoluted cammo that must have been fun to paint!

Are the decals part of the Italeri kit? I have never seen it, but I believe it is much better than the old Airfix one... There are just too many engines for me!

Well done

JR

• Like 1

Superb! Please put a post in the "Ready for Inspection" area: I'm sure there are many people who have not seen this and would very much like to.

Thank you.

As far as I know, this topic is in the "Ready for Inspection".

Excellent build and a beautiful, convoluted cammo that must have been fun to paint!

Are the decals part of the Italeri kit? I have never seen it, but I believe it is much better than the old Airfix one... There are just too many engines for me!

Well done

JR

Thank you.

Yes, these decals are from the kit. Actually, id. numbers need to be trimmed, those given in one huuuuge sheet, with a lot of shinee 'transparent' area. I think this one is much better than the Airfix indeed.

Edited by Borisz
  • Like 1

Congratulations Borisz

Really great finish and I hope a just reward for sticking with it and seeing it through to completion even when it wasn't going as planned taking too long etc. many of us myself included would have consigned it to the shelf of doom and started something else !

Kind regards Pat

• Like 1

Great camo work on this Sparrowhawk, Borisz. I made a bit of a hand painted hash of my old Italeri one, so have just bought a Trumpeter 1/48 one to give myself another go at a 3 tone camo job!

• 2 months later...