Hi All,

Wow this has come up faster than I anticipated (thoughts of Mice & Men come to mind :shrug: ).

Any how, It's here (and has been for 10 days) and I still haven't posted my build- needed to rectify that.

Before I begin my Post speel, I would like to take the time to say, what an absolutely magnificent turn out - Really, I am blown away with the topic varieties. I have read through them all. Way to go guys!!!! Kudos to you all

I have settled on building a Hawker Hurricane Mk I, to be precise the Airfix 1/24 Scale version.

As in most battles/wars New Zealanders have fought in, I would like to build an aircraft that a New Zealander had flown.

Famous New Zealanders are the likes of Keith Park, Al Deere, Colin Grey, Wilf Clouston etc. I would like to honour a not so famous Kiwi.

Two have come to mind from 87 Squadron from the Battle of Britain.

1) Squadron Leader Terence Gunion Lovell-Gregg, KIA August 15 1940, incumbant OC of 87 Squadron - need to find the individual aircraft code letter -Work in Progress

2) Flight Liutenant Derek Harland Ward joined 87 Squadron during the Battle of France, appointed B Flight leader August 11, and downed a Me 110 on August 15 1940. Survived the Battle of Britain, and KIA over Egypt 1942.

The obligatory photos :photo:

102_0333.jpg

Kit Parts

102_0337.jpg

102_0338.jpg

102_0339.jpg

Colour Profile for an 87 Squadron aircraft, LK-A Ian Gleeds mount

102_0335.jpg

Now prior to the GB start I checked with our Mods to make sure I could build this, as it had been started previous in another Battle of Britain GB.

The Merlin

102_0340.jpg

102_0373.jpg

Engine parts

102_0374.jpg

Still more to do on the Merlin, so watch this space!

Fuel or oil tank -just glued at present

102_0380.jpg

Thanks for looking in. :D

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSModeller
  • Like 4