Hello Phellow Phantom Phriends.''Canberra Kid' kindly posted up my Phantom Build on my behalf quite some time ago when I was fighting with my internet demons.On that score,I still am!Slowlybut surely!?I adore the Phantom and with learning of the F4 Group Build Section I wanted to play my part and add to it.I would like to take this opportunity to compliment you all on such inspirational modelling and completed builds.I thank you all and hope you enjoy viewing.Happy Landings,Paul.

Great result. You have an excellent style of finishing your model, very neat and defined with sharp details and beautiful paintwork.

Don't ever change!

• Like 1

Great result. You have an excellent style of finishing your model, very neat and defined with sharp details and beautiful paintwork.

Don't ever change!

Hello,Brokenedge - Thank you so much for your compliment.It's most appreciated and respected.The noble art of weathering is a skill I much admire.I'm content to do a little exhaust staining or a light wash in wheel hubs,etc. and leave it at that.All the best to you,Paul.

Really excellent achievement! What is the kit you used? Is it 1/48?

Congrats :goodjob:

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Thank you very much.The kit is Hasegawa in 1/48 scale.Revell have also reissued the same kit and at a cheaper priceAll the best,Paul.
  • Like 1

Thanks Paul. For space reasons, I only build at 1/72 but I always like to see what's being done at bigger scales. I'm also finishing a RN Phantom for this GB: the Fujimi kit at 1/72.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. For space reasons, I only build at 1/72 but I always like to see what's being done at bigger scales. I'm also finishing a RN Phantom for this GB: the Fujimi kit at 1/72.

Cheers

Jaime

Hi Jaime - I look forward to seeing your F4 when she makes her debut.For space reasonsI too should stick to 1/72 scale (and also for cost issues!).I built 1/72 for many years but have to admit my eyes now prefer the.larger scale!?I just have to be more selective in what I choose to build."Hooray!! Phantoms alll the way!!"Happy Carrier Landings,Paul.
  • Like 1

Hi Paul,

The RN F4 is nearing its completion. I hope to finish it in time for the GB. I'm also building an Alcock & Brown version, which I hope to finish in time. My "Shark Mouth" RAF version won't be ready for the GB deadline but I hope to finish it this month.

I only have two 1/48 boxes in my stash: the Eduard Spitfire Mk IX and Bf 109G. I bought these because I love these aircraft and thought I'd do them in a larger scale.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Yes a real stunner,in the best scheme the Phantom ever wore!

Yes a real stunner,in the best scheme the Phantom ever wore!

Hello,Stevej60 - Thank you for your kind reply.It's much appreciated and respected.I would have loved to have seen these in 'real life'.At least us modellers are trying to keep the dream alive! All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Dear Phellow Phantom Phettlers - I''m a New Member to this forum and trying to learn the protocol of posting builds correctly.To be honest,I didn't fully realise the designated Time Frame and WIP Rules.I just wish to clarify that my intention was purely to present to you the photos of my Phantom for you to look at and not in any way to expect it to be entered into the Group Build Competition.I get over-excited whenever I see anything Phantom-related!I would like to take this opportunity to compliment each and every one of you on your superb models,or should I say scale replicas,of this magnificent aircraft.You're all winners in my eyes.Thank You.All the best,Paul.

• Like 2