1/48 Kinetic F/A-18A - New tool announced!

Wezra

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/552155711618211

Here is the finish to our test build of the test shots. The kit built very well. We are looking forward to moving this project forward. We posed this with all the different "features" exposed to show what can be done with this kit. Look forward to one more piece of news on this today! And yes, the starboard inboard LE flap is out of position in these photos - not an issue of the kit.

12715800_552155501618232_263980541260224

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

the airframe parts look very crisp (too crisp in some areas! --> test shots I guess)

but some parts like landing gear and cockpit look a bit undefined, round, whatever.... a bit like Wolfpack-d resin ...

why is that?

Another F18 kit eh? Well done Kinetic. I mean, I'm sure yours will be the bees knees. Wish you well with it, in a sea of F18 kits. I'm sure all of us 1/32nd Hurricane fans will thank you for ignoring us again.

Yeah the first new 1/48 F/A-18C kit in about 25 years you mean...

• Like 2

Well the HB one is 9 years-old actually.

Forgot about that one, my mistake! Even if it was a poor copy of the 25 year old Hasegawa kit from what I've read, you are right of course.

Edited by KoenL

• 1 month later...

Another F18 kit eh? Well done Kinetic. I mean, I'm sure yours will be the bees knees. Wish you well with it, in a sea of F18 kits. I'm sure all of us 1/32nd Hurricane fans will thank you for ignoring us again.

I'm sorry you are disappointed but, comments like this are as predictable as night following day every time somebody's pet subject is not announced. Kit manufacturers will never please everybody of course. Just for the record, I would (1) love a multi option 1/32 Hurricane and, (2) was as totally underwhelmed and unimpressed as you obviously are over yet another F-18 kit. However, I can find enough alternative subjects to keep me happy!! :D

Allan (still waiting for a 1/72 VC-10, 1/72 or 1/48 Spey Phantom, Vulcan B1, Victor B1,new tool C-130, New tool Vulcan B2........................................!!!)

ps - colour schemes are nice. I might just forget my indifference towards this subject..............................!!!!!!!

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

The lack of the late-type centreline pylon means that only the Adversary jets can be built accurately.

Mark

So you mean that they always carry the center-line pylon? I would guess not (but not an expert).

Many of the current USN/USMC legacy Hornet units use the new centerline, however you still see the old one in use. Check you reference pics when in doubt.

One example;

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/172075/M/USA-Navy/McDonnell-Douglas-F-A-18C-Hornet/163706/

Thanks for the photo. That particular Hornet belongs to VX-23 which is a test and evaluation squadron. Most operational squadrons would have changed to the new pylon already.

Actually when I said that only the Adversary jets can be built accurately, I was referring to the 3 Adversary options out of the 6 that are provided in the box.

My gripe here is that in order to accurately portray the VFA-87, VFA-25 and Swiss jets included in the kit, one would have to source for an aftermarket pylon or rob one from an updated Hasegawa Hornet. Even the box art shows the new pylon.

Mark

Edited by madcat911

The lack of the late-type centreline pylon means that only the Adversary jets can be built accurately.

Mark

So, building it "inaccurately" is not an option?I suspect that most of those who buy this kit will neither know nor care about such a trivial issue. Hang something on the pylon and it will hardly be noticed anyway!

Allan

• Like 2

Mark

How hard is it to modify a old style to a new style? is there an overall length difference? Or is it just the raked back leading edge?