1/48 Kinetic F/A-18A - New tool announced!

Wezra

• 1 month later...

Does the Blue Angels kit come with all the parts found in the CF-18 boxing? Such as weapons, Canadian gear, searchlight, etc. I can’t find any reviews with the sprue.

The CF-18 kit is on backorder at Lucky, I have plenty of Canadian decals, all I would need is the kit to make an A or a B. I want to take advantage of their sale.

25 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Does the Blue Angels kit come with all the parts found in the CF-18 boxing? Such as weapons, Canadian gear, searchlight, etc. I can’t find any reviews with the sprue.

The CF-18 kit is on backorder at Lucky, I have plenty of Canadian decals, all I would need is the kit to make an A or a B. I want to take advantage of their sale.

Kinetic CF-18 available in Usa at Sprue Brothers Models.

I am from Quebec Canada and Sprue Brothers is one of my main hobby supplier.

Very professional hobby retailer.

SharkOwl

Reference : http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/kin48030.htm

3 hours ago, Scooby said:

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/kin/kit_kin_48073.shtml 

No weapons included.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this game the USMC play 'sneaking' a pin up into their low visibility camouflage/special markings. I was aware of the well known example on the CH-53E, which features on a Flying Leathernecks aftermaket decal sheet but did not realise that had done the same with a F/A-18D Hornet....

• Like 1

To ensure everything fit correctly, I cut the stripes with my vinyl cutter and applied them to the kit. With the exception of one small area near the inside base of the right vertical (just a tad bit of artistic license had to be used), I had really good photos to work from. The squadron sent me great walk around shots several years ago and it was nice to be able provide those markings as the main option in the Kinetic kit.

Dave

DSCF9734.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

I love this game the USMC play 'sneaking' a pin up into their low visibility camouflage/special markings. I was aware of the well known example on the CH-53E, which features on a Flying Leathernecks aftermaket decal sheet but did not realise that had done the same with a F/A-18D Hornet....

They are only copying us Canadians, we snuck the pin-up into one of our tiger striped CF-18As in the early 90s.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/222119-balkan-rat-and-439-tiger-meet-joint-build/

Edited by Scooby

9 hours ago, Scooby said:

They are only copying us Canadians, we snuck the pin-up into one of our tiger striped CF-18As in the early 90s.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/222119-balkan-rat-and-439-tiger-meet-joint-build/

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but I seriously doubt that is or was the case. 

• Confused 1

Will Flying Leatherneck Decals sell this sheet (or some of it) as a stand alone decal? (Love that new 1/32 F/A-18D sheet that's in the pipeline by the way :) - quality of your sheets is excellent. from a very satisfied customer

On 11/2/2018 at 2:55 PM, Flying Leathernecks Decals said:

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but I seriously doubt that is or was the case. 

Either way, the 90s was a different landscape so hardly sneaking around then.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:50 AM, Flying Leathernecks Decals said:

To ensure everything fit correctly, I cut the stripes with my vinyl cutter and applied them to the kit. With the exception of one small area near the inside base of the right vertical (just a tad bit of artistic license had to be used), I had really good photos to work from. The squadron sent me great walk around shots several years ago and it was nice to be able provide those markings as the main option in the Kinetic kit.

Dave

DSCF9734.jpg

Dave, since you were able to make a set of the stripes from vinyl, would you consider upscaling these to 1/32 for the Academy kit? 

Carl

On 11/9/2018 at 4:23 PM, FIGHTS ON said:

Will Flying Leatherneck Decals sell this sheet (or some of it) as a stand alone decal? (Love that new 1/32 F/A-18D sheet that's in the pipeline by the way :) - quality of your sheets is excellent. from a very satisfied customer

Yes. Unfortunately the VMFA(AW)-533 and 121 options were dropped from the kit sheet, so they will be put on a Flying Leathernecks sheet that will go to print in January.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:52 PM, FG2Si said:

Dave, since you were able to make a set of the stripes from vinyl, would you consider upscaling these to 1/32 for the Academy kit? 

Carl

Already being done!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 3:04 AM, Sundowner14 said:

Either way, the 90s was a different landscape so hardly sneaking around then.

The 90s were a different landscape although the CO of 439 still got in a lot of trouble when it was discovered the girlie silhouette was snuck into the paint scheme by the creator.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Homebee said:

On pre-order - ref. K48033 -  McDD F/A-18D ATARS Hornet 

Source: https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48033

imageproxy.jpg

V.P.

Interesting that you can already build an ATARS bird from the F/A-18 A/B/CF kit since it includes the extra parts. I have one to which I've added the DN Models masks to build the 'Bengali's' aircraft featured above.

13 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

Interesting that you can already build an ATARS bird from the F/A-18 A/B/CF kit since it includes the extra parts. I have one to which I've added the DN Models masks to build the 'Bengali's' aircraft featured above.

Partially correct - you are missing the clear parts to cover the camera bays. Other than that - spot on 

5 hours ago, Boman said:

Partially correct - you are missing the clear parts to cover the camera bays. Other than that - spot on 

Indeed, which is where the clear plastic template for the Arma Hobby conversion I had stashed has come in handy. It's far easer for me to achieve the build I want with a styrene ATARS which the Kinetic kit offers and it allows me to save my Hasegawa kit to build another scheme from the Flying Leathernecks 'Death Dealing Delta's' range. 

• 2 weeks later...