1/48 Kinetic F/A-18A - New tool announced!

Wezra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have a view on the Fins in the new 1:48 scale Kinetic kit ?. I have read elsewhere that there were some concerns about the height of the fins being insufficient. I have recently purchased the Kinetic kit and a quick comparison with the fins from the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit do reveal considerable disparity in size between the two.

Views, anyone ?

Anyone have a view on the Fins in the new 1:48 scale Kinetic kit ?. I have read elsewhere that there were some concerns about the height of the fins being insufficient. I have recently purchased the Kinetic kit and a quick comparison with the fins from the 1:48 scale Hasegawa kit do reveal considerable disparity in size between the two.

Views, anyone ?

So does it look like they have taken measurements from a drawing and not taken into account that the fins are longer because of the angle they sit at?

Sorry……I don't frequent that site…..only ever encountered complete negativity in the past……I'm looking for an impartial view, which BM'ers are very good at…..not one based on the fact that the kit emanates from the Far East and so, by default, must therefore be inaccurate, as far as ARC are concerned.

• Like 2

Sorry……I don't frequent that site…..only ever encountered complete negativity in the past……I'm looking for an impartial view, which BM'ers are very good at…..not one based on the fact that the kit emanates from the Far East and so, by default, must therefore be inaccurate, as far as ARC are concerned.

:lol: You and me both! Gave up using that site ages ago. Full of bile spitting cyber warriors and keyboard "experts" whose sole purpose in life seems to rubbishing anything and everything!I

Allan

• Like 1

:lol: You and me both! Gave up using that site ages ago. Full of bile spitting cyber warriors and keyboard "experts" whose sole purpose in life seems to rubbishing anything and everything!I

Allan

Wow, people that have worked on the aircraft their whole career a point out a factual error on the kit, supply photos to the manufacture who says thanks and says that error will be repaired on the next batch. then pointing out the lack of a blister antenna which is also acknowledged by the manufacture. Yes they're is some negativity but that is on every site, learn to separate the "wheat from the chaff" and I think it's a very valuable site.

They're are a lot of flaws pouted out about new kits on almost every site, read them and be objectionable in your reading and you will find out a lot of good information and decide whether a particular "flaw"new kit is good for you or not. Personally I would like to have all the information and make up my own mind if the "flaws" are show stoppers or who cares type of flaws. It's up to each individual reader. to make up their own mind..

My 2 cents!

• Like 2

Wow, people that have worked on the aircraft their whole career a point out a factual error on the kit, supply photos to the manufacture who says thanks and says that error will be repaired on the next batch. then pointing out the lack of a blister antenna which is also acknowledged by the manufacture. Yes they're is some negativity but that is on every site, learn to separate the "wheat from the chaff" and I think it's a very valuable site.

They're are a lot of flaws pouted out about new kits on almost every site, read them and be objectionable in your reading and you will find out a lot of good information and decide whether a particular "flaw"new kit is good for you or not. Personally I would like to have all the information and make up my own mind if the "flaws" are show stoppers or who cares type of flaws. It's up to each individual reader. to make up their own mind..

My 2 cents!

I don't dispute experts providing advice to kit manufacturers and the value that this brings - having served in an Air Force for almost 35 years, worked on several aircraft types and as a keen modeller, I'm well aware of this myself !. I also agree that ALL websites are populated by so-called experts but I have to take issue with the assertion that there is 'some negativity' on ARC. There may have been in the beginning and I was as avid a follower of the forums on ARC as many others but some years ago I became disillusioned with the trend towards ridiculing everything and anything that came from particular countries, regardless of whether it was a quality product or not. As a published author I'm also pretty good at being 'objectionable in my reading' (actually I think you mean quote objective unquote BTW) when doing my research but it does get difficult when so much of what I used to read on ARC, before I desisted, was so negative and without qualification. If one is an acknowledged expert on an aircraft, and they have actually bought and built the kit (rather than just looked at the box art, CAD drawing or test shot photo) then I may sit up and take note…until then, I will continue to rely on those individuals, periodicals and websites that I know I can trust to be objective.

CF-188. Excellent! Single and twin seaters in one box too.

A great bit of marketing if you ask me, I personally wouldn't buy this kit for the Aussie, Canadian of Spanish markings, but I may be tempted to get one just for the 2 seater option, and i suspect I won't be the only one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Source: http://www.attacksquadron.pl/en/2016/11/15/attack-squadron-news-november-2016/

In mid November we have prepared some new Attack Squadron accessories. F/A-18 C Hornet 1/48 scale accessories for Kinetic may help upgrade that spectacular model kit. See series of Hornet upgrades and other news from Attack Squadron.

Accesories for F/A-18C from Kinetic  1/48

F/A-18C, Kinetic model kit 1/48 scale has drawn attention of modelers community. Really spectacular kit has just few areas that resing upgrade is necessary. First are Pylons that are not detailed well compared to other kit parts. Moreover they are quite visible, so detailed resin upgrades makes visible difference.

asq-48063-foto03-300x225.jpg asq-48063-render asq-48063-render2 asq-48063-render3

Next are engine nozzles with photoetched afterburner. Attack Squadron set has alternate nozzles both wide and narrow position included. You may use them even in two models. One model with assembled wide nozzles and all afterburner details visible and second with just narrow nozles used.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA asq-48061-render3 asq-48061-render asq-48061-render2

Last set are resin wheels yu can use for any available F/A-18 C/D  1/48 scale model kit.

asq-48062-foto01-300x225.jpg asq-48062-foto02-300x225.jpg

asq-48062-render asq-48062-render2

Pylons and wheels for F/A-18 are available now in Arma Hobby shop – see them and other F/A-18 accessories. Exhaust nozzles will be available soon. We are waiting for photoetched afterburner parts.

V.P.