Hurricane Mk I L1926 DU-J of No. 312 (Czech) Squadron, Duxford, 1940.

This is my third Hurri this year, so the scribe-fill-sand routine for fixing the fabric wings is pretty old hat now:

19201889183_07a7d35541_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

In the background you can see the sacrificial metal wings being readied for build three - no WIP yet as I can't decide which aircraft to do!

• Like 7

We could swap... 1/48 could have a rag wing 1/72 could have a metal wing!

Jon, nice choice and good to see you back in the sadal. That gun bay looks good. Looking forward to the rest of your progress

Rob

• Like 2

I shall be following TonyoT's example quite closely. One thing I have already learnt is not to try to follow the wing reinforcement when separating, just go straight fore to aft just outboard the reinforcement - much easer to mate and clean up I think - not like this!!!!:

19201888633_1a19a4e54d_c.jpgUntitled by jongwinnett, on Flickr

• Like 3

I found out the exact same way! It's too difficult to get the cuts lined up along the curved reinforcement plates.

Good luck with this Jon, we're in it together now.

Me as well! Damn that reinforcing strip!

• Like 2

I'm thinking I might do a sort of brass rubbing style effort to copy it in thin plastikard and then fill and sand with abandon, then replace the reinforcement after?

• Like 2

I'm thinking I might do a sort of brass rubbing style effort to copy it in thin plastikard and then fill and sand with abandon, then replace the reinforcement after?

nice thought. I was looking at the reinforcement and getting worried... We will have too se with mine, I'm banking on luck seeing me through on both!!

Nice work Jon, love the gun bays! Looking forward to them getting painted.

Rob

• Like 1

nice thought. I was looking at the reinforcement and getting worried... We will have too se with mine, I'm banking on luck seeing me through on both!!

Nice work Jon, love the gun bays! Looking forward to them getting painted.

Rob

You and me both mate, you and me both.

As for paint, I'll need to see if my Haynes manual or any of my other references tells me what colour. Being a Hurri not a spit, I'm leaning towards aluminium inside the bay, with black guns. Does that sound reasonable or should the bay be interior green?

Aluminium for hurricane bays on the metal wing, and as the metal extended to the gun bay (new learn off troy there) I would assume the same with the rag wing. A weathered black metal for the mg's sounds fair!

Hth

Rob

• Like 2

Late to this one, sorry Jon :)

Looking good and now following!

BTW how do you guys make sure you're not missing posts from your favourite people /subjects? Obviously, following forums and looking through 'New Content' isn't working for me... got any 'stalking tips'? :)