Desperate defense

HL-10

A T-34/76 crashes through German positions, and a Grenadier attempts to stop it armed with a demolition grenade.

Zvezda's T-34/76 with a metal barrel and tracks added.

Figure is from Dragon's "Cross of Iron Eastern Front" set.

Base was made from expanded polystyrene packing covered in plaster, the trench was made from drink stirrers, matches, and bar b q skewers.

100_4946.jpg

img hosting

100_4948.jpg

free image uploading

100_4949.jpg

how to take a screenshot on a pc

100_4954.jpg

image hosting services

100_4956.jpg

upload images free

100_4957.jpg

20mb image hosting

100_4959.jpg

upload images free

A couple of WIPs shots:

The base,

100_4936.jpg

upload images free

100_4938.jpg

image hosting free

The T-34,

100_4939.jpg

screen shot on pc

100_4941_Copy.jpg

screen grab

100_4944.jpg

windows 7 screenshot

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 15

That is really cool , it reminds me of the film cross of iron , very well done , is the casting marks on the T34 on the moald of the kit or is it putty ?

It's the one thing that's put me off getting a T34 as the hull is always too smooth and I'm too lazy to do it myself lol

• Like 1

Thanks you all! :) I really appreciate all the comments and compliments.

That is really cool , it reminds me of the film cross of iron , very well done , is the casting marks on the T34 on the moald of the kit or is it putty ?

It's the one thing that's put me off getting a T34 as the hull is always too smooth and I'm too lazy to do it myself lol

I have to admit I got the idea from "The Cross of Iron".

I used two methods to texture the kit.

On the turret I used Mr Surfacer to give the rough cast look, on the hull it was a grinding bit in a slow turning drill.

I use the latter usually, but the Mr Surfacer method is definitely quicker! :)

• Like 1

Thanks you all! :) I really appreciate all the comments and compliments.

I have to admit I got the idea from "The Cross of Iron".

I used two methods to texture the kit.

On the turret I used Mr Surfacer to give the rough cast look, on the hull it was a grinding bit in a slow turning drill.

I use the latter usually, but the Mr Surfacer method is definitely quicker! :)

cheers mate I have both so I'll give it a practice

Thanks for the info :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great dio. I like the composition, the paintwork and the camera angles. Talking of the photos, my only criticism would be the lighting. It would be so much better if you had a more diffuse lighting and a darker background rather than a perfect sky blue! As it is, I wondered for a moment if the Russians were advancing on Tobruk! lol.

• 1 month later...

Great job!

I've just come back to the hobby after 20+years and do 1/72 stuff for small scale battles with my young son but I have no scenery, buildings etc or a big budget to buy them with, so I have been thinking what I could make myself - not that I think I could ever match the dio's that I see on here!!

I came across an excellent little blog (http://gregswargamingblog.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Flak%20Nest) which game me an idea on making some fieldworks, then I came across your great dio which builds on the idea. I'll definitely be borrowing some of your ideas on the trench work if you don't mind! :unsure:

Thanks again for sharing!!

Andrew

• Like 1