Hurricane MK 1 1/48 New Tool - Tom Neil -Final Photos

Nice to see it getting finished................................................................FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

• 2 weeks later...

I have:

• drilled out the exhausts
  • Drilled out and put a drop of clear red and green in each nav light on the wing tips
  • Weathered
  • Put the undercarriage and exhausts and a few bits on

All that us left is is the aerial canopy and gun sight

I have opted for a heavy weathered effect as the aircraft were literally being R & R and going up six or seven times a day. I have tried to stay as close to accounts and pilot's log in "Gun Button to Fire"

comments good and bad welcome

Build46.jpg

Build47.jpg

• Like 2

Well I am calling this done. I will take some decent photos tomorrow for the gallery. At that last minute I changed out the Landing light cover in the wings, I just was not happy. 3rd time lucky I finished this GB.

It was a new kit and had its moments. Its not perfect but then no model ever is. I wish I could re-do it again. But for now Its as good as this build will get. I hoe I captured the essence of the BoB and the hectic days where the Few stood against the many.

Build48.jpg

Build49.jpg

Build50.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That's a mighty fine weathering job. I'm not a big fan of extreme weathering but that looks just right for a well used operational aircraft.

John

Thanks Biggles. I redid the paint job about seven times. Was getting a lot of bleeding under the masks which was then solved by increasing the border on the cutter and a touch of future on the inside edge of each letter. I poured over photos and kept going back to Tom Nell's book. It was with great intrepidation that attempted this degree of weathering I figured that by September, flying up to 6-7 sorties a day, the aircraft were basically being refused and re-armed and patched where necessary.

• Like 1