Nice Little Tug ( Boat Revell )

As a little side show to the KGV build just to keep me sane :banghead: I will in between try this little project just for fun and to try some new paints and weathering products and before any body asks NO I,am not getting sponsorship :weep: just trying some new stuff out I was told was OK.

So here goes the start is quite quick with the hull and first part of the superstructure and bridge areas a bit of filling needed but Hey this is not a new kit

IMG_0599_zpsntignwme.jpg

IMG_0601_zpsilp7jtve.jpg

And the paint set to be used

IMG_0602_zpsfoemexen.jpg

Beefy

• Like 5

Looks like you are going start an offensive on the tug's waterline. Nice set to experiment with Keith. Be fun to follow this build. I'd build the growth on the waterline up slowly but it will be interesting to see what you have planned.

Cheers

Edited by Gremlin56
  • Like 1

Well just got back from my local model club night and a friend had some info for me on this type of tug these were brought over from the USA during WW2 and used as ARMY TUGS for use on the river Wear that is Sunderland in the north east of England he also told me that they were painted as a black hull and white bridge and top sides.

For those of you who are not familiar with my neck of the woods that is very funny because in Sunderland the local football colors are RED and WHITE and the local rivals colors are for Newcastle are BLACK and White so guess what color I will be Painting the TUG in

IMG_0603_zpsojaumfpx.jpg

• Like 1

I suppose a nice little tug would relieve your frustrations!

Looks an interesting build with plenty of scope for finishing.

Will be keeping a close look on this one mate

Cheers

K

• Like 1

Looks like you are going start an offensive on the tug's waterline. Nice set to experiment with Keith. Be fun to follow this build. I'd build the growth on the waterline up slowly but it will be interesting to see what you have planned.

Cheers

Either that or he's planning on turning the wheelhouse into a conservatory :mental::winkgrin:

Kev

• Like 1

Well just got back from my local model club night and a friend had some info for me on this type of tug these were brought over from the USA during WW2 and used as ARMY TUGS for use on the river Wear that is Sunderland in the north east of England he also told me that they were painted as a black hull and white bridge and top sides.

For those of you who are not familiar with my neck of the woods that is very funny because in Sunderland the local football colors are RED and WHITE and the local rivals colors are for Newcastle are BLACK and White so guess what color I will be Painting the TUG in

IMG_0603_zpsojaumfpx.jpg

Probably sink without a trace then! :footy:

Mac

Either that or he's planning on turning the wheelhouse into a conservatory :mental::winkgrin:

Kev

Can you imagine the wheelhouse being used as a place to grow weed? (Judge Dread's " Rasta Chat" playing in the background)...................

• Like 2

if I were doing this one - I'd set it on a sea-line diorama and reproduce the box art which is cool, with a harbour background.

just an idea for you Beefers.

Beefers

been called many things in the past hazards of the job i suppose but that is a first

Probably sink without a trace then! :footy:

Mac

You may well be right for the Tug and both teams if they do not pull there fingers out this season.

Beefy (Beefers)

Doesn't quite have that ring to it :coolio:

• Like 3

Had a great trip down the Tyne a couple of week's ago Beefy,the guy doing the commentary was initiating those not from our locality on the origin's

of "Mackem" and "tackem" in relation to shipbuilding,ironic that the only remaining working ship repairer on the tyne is Sunderland's own Austin and

Pickersgill.Looking forward to seeing this gem built.

• Like 2

IMG_0603_zpsojaumfpx.jpg

What on earth is that horrid graffiti all over you wall? It would look better if it was red and white. :bleh:

• Like 3

What on earth is that horrid graffiti all over you wall? It would look better if it was red and white. :bleh:

Rubbish! The yellow and blue of the mighty Oxford United would look best!

Martin

Erm, Gentleman, is this a model building blog or a soccer blog???

This blog appears to have been hijacked by sodder hooligans... :nono:

Get back to the subject man!! :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Erm, Gentleman, is this a model building blog or a soccer blog???

This blog appears to have been hijacked by sodder hooligans... :nono:

Get back to the subject man!! :winkgrin:

The chap who began the thread started it your Honour! :footy:

Martin

• Like 1

The chap who began the thread started it your Honour! :footy:

Martin

Mr. Inman can be a bit grumpy at times, think it has something to do with walking around upside down all day down there in Oz: makes the blood rush to the head :yahoo::bleh: :bleh: :D :D :D :D

• Like 2

Thank you ALL gentlemen for your comments you have at least been well mannered :whistle:

I go away for a nice weeks rest to take in some sun and sample local refreshments to Croatia and this thread gets all taken over

you are quite right Warren I shall get back to the true modelling BLOG soon just give me a chance to unpack the case and down load some of the reference photos I took while away. :coolio:

Beefy

• Like 3

Thank you ALL gentlemen for your comments you have at least been well mannered :whistle:

I go away for a nice weeks rest to take in some sun and sample local refreshments to Croatia and this thread gets all taken over

you are quite right Warren I shall get back to the true modelling BLOG soon just give me a chance to unpack the case and down load some of the reference photos I took while away. :coolio:

Beefy

Croatia? Whitley Bay would have been cheaper

• Like 2

This is turning into a tug of war, but think the tug will come out on top.

Great little kit there Beefy mate.

You won't go far wrong with them paints, very nice they are.

:popcorn:

Foxy :coolio:

• Like 1

Not grumpy, just going where our esteemed moderators fear to tread... And I want to see more of the little tugger...

My apologies Warren, I understand the mindset. Did you accidentally drop a "B" in tugger or did you mean to say tugger instead of tugger with a "B"?

1 point fnaar, fnaar

:yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

• Like 2

Croatia? Whitley Bay would have been cheaper

Not to sure about that the price of Fish and Chips in Whitley bay these days not to mention they take your eyes out and come back for the sockets at the Sunderland Air Show :pilot:

I do believe warren spells it as he meant it to be Julian with a B

My apologies Warren, I understand the mindset. Did you accidentally drop a "B" in tugger or did you mean to say tugger instead of tugger with a "B"?

1 point fnaar, fnaar

:yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

• Like 1

OK back to the build I hope :banghead:

While on my jolly got some good reference photos of some of the older working boats around the harbor ( The missus thinks I,am daft for looking at fishing boats rather than church fronts :mental: )

just to give me some ideas about the weathering I will be attempting on this little Tugger

IMG_2756_zpshkawoz7s.jpg

IMG_2738_zpsrmq9gaph.jpg

And some lichen build up around the jetty

IMG_2781_zpsdvehptlz.jpg

IMG_2782_zpsrcio0qch.jpg

Beefy

• Like 1

Don't fancy Health and safety would like the way that jetty is built.

But a nice idea if your going to have this as a back drop.

Nice bit of reference there mate.

:popcorn:

foxy :coolio:

• Like 1