IMG_0566_zps71hux1th.jpg

So, a number of firsts:

First Group Build
First Work in Progress

First build with PE

First build with EZ-line

First bi-plane in 1:72

Here goes:

For this group build I will be using Airfix's excellent looking new Gladiator kit to model N5649 of 247 squadron, which was Struck Off Charge (written off) following an accident on 11/22/1940. Stay tuned.

Edited by BlackAck
  • Like 5

Good luck BlackAck. I've just started using EZ-line. It's really good stuff. Joe

IMG_0602_zpsgzjvhgpx.jpg

First off, instruments. A few minutes and wow! PE really makes the panel pop over a plain decal. I understand the fuss about PE. It’s the nicest panel I’ve ever made. Admittedly iPhones do not make the best cameras, but all in all, I think it looks really good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0604_zps9o9jykgj.jpg

Overall, this kit is an absolute dream to assemble OOB.

However, I've run into a problem, and I need advice from any gladiator kit builders. The top cover for the forward fuselage directly behind the engine is driving me mad. The two center braces for the wings (one of which also holds the instrument panel, as seen in the photo earlier) fit into this top cover beautifully. The completed assembly leaves a nasty gap on the port side and is not flush.

(photo to follow if description is not enough)

Anyone else experience this? What was your solution?

Edited by BlackAck
  • Like 2

Its been a while since I built this one; I found that the problem was the panel which is part of the lower section of the i/p. I bent it forward slightly to get the top part to sit down properly. On part B16 [?]

Okay, I solved my problem with brute force and brain power. I cut off the two struts from the instrument panel and glued them on later. The resulting tiny gap will be filled with putty.