TSR 2 - 1/144 GWH

I've been playing away with this one for a while now. It was meant to be a quick build but I have managed to drag it out somehow. It is Great Wall Hobbies 1/144 TSR 2. It's quite a nice kit, the parts were all well fitting and nicely molded. The decals seemed slightly thick, I think that was more due to the scale of the model though, it's really quite small.

I had planned on doing the model "Gear Down" so I could have it sitting on a shelf with all my other builds. However the undercarriage was quite delicate and I just couldn't get it to sit right. As you can see now its "In-Flight". I didn't have a clue what to do so I used an idea I seen from Johnny Akes' Lightning that he posted on here. I found the nicest rock in the garden and attached it to my model!

Its certainly not my greatest model and it has nit turned out quite how I wanted. Hopefully it won't offend anyone though!

As always comments or questions are very welcome!

b4b1250e33cc0e31f49d628d3a8ac987_zpsgax7

7288afbaecc1acaaf1b0d49a2f23550d_zpsohay

5076ac6ba07f2899cb5719f94b95261f_zpswpx2

f0c46395a7a1cb65f7507a00092f8174_zpsbr42

Thanks for looking!

• Like 9

If anyone asks, say that you have depicted it making a low-level flypast of Rockall!

(For added accuracy, you may want to weather the rock with some white to represent the, er, guano.)

Very nice model! I really must finish my 1/48 one...

If anyone asks, say that you have depicted it making a low-level flypast of Rockall!

(For added accuracy, you may want to weather the rock with some white to represent the, er, guano.)

Very nice model! I really must finish my 1/48 one...

Ha excellent idea!

I've heard the airfix ones aren't without their troubles. Maybe time for a re-tool seeing as people still pay silly money for them?