Arado Ar-234 P5 Swept Winged TurboProp Nightfighter - Finished

trickyrich

I haven't seen a back-story for this build (I luurv back-stories) OR I haven't looked at this topic hard enough...

If there isn't a back story I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one to enjoy it! so :please: !

chomp chomp

-raptor

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just a minor update………….

Not a lot to report, hand managed to evict most of the dust bunnies from the cockpits. Have fitted some of the PE bits I knocked off when painting…managed to knock off and loose the DF antenna plus have lost a couple of other bits!!

I tried something a bit different for the prop/spinners but all I managed to do so lit paint off! So they have been completely stripped back and repainted, will have another going at what I was trying to do with them.

There is not too much left to do on this one, but progress is slowing down, I need to do some work on other project so things will slow down a little on this one……only for a short while.

ehhh Arado Ar 234 with Ta-154 wings and visa versa?!

Cheers,

hmmmm maybe? :whistle:

Well the Ta-154 arrived the other day and.........well I couldn't help myself (that and a few wee drinks didn't help) I started throwing/mixing bits and pieces of an Ar-234B2N together with leftover bits from the Ar-234C along with a Ta-154. Just for good measure I have a Ta-154 A1 conversion kits as well to stir into the mix!

The results look very interesting and super cool, I have photo mock ups of both, which will go into two new threads when I get around to it. They'll both be pure night-fighters and I'll try to build them together, oh and lots of other other resiny goodness will be added to them.

Double plusness...I've worked out the new undercarriage setup for the Ta-154 as well!!! :wicked:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well work did slow down on this build quite a lot, due to many reasons, but I still have been plugging away on it every now and again.

Well I’ve finally stopped plugging away at it and am calling it done!

There are probably a few things I would change and more than likely a few things I’ve forgotten to done (a common problem I have!).

But in the end I’m very happy with how she came out, it is very much what I had in mind when I first did those drawings up. She is quite different to anything else around but has a bit of “realness” to her.

The build……well it was….interesting! But I did discover a few new things like resin casting which was awesome.

Will I do another one…very likely, though maybe with not so many modifications, I have castings of the new nose and engines so whatever I plan I should have the bits for it.

Thanks for all the great comments and following this build, hopefully it was enjoyable and interesting.

DSCF2981_zpsxp9r561w.jpg

DSCF2979_zpsuuivtgom.jpg

DSCF2978_zpsgjdfy05j.jpg

DSCF2983_zpsfw74cfqy.jpg

DSCF2988_zps3dm4qvl2.jpg

DSCF2990_zpsl8outhhn.jpg

DSCF2989_zpsqeg3xspj.jpg

DSCF2986_zpsodogeuzi.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 months later...

Just an update with this baby....

One another site she has just taken out = 1st, best Multi Prop WWII !!! :yahoo:

Oh and as well my Tropic Moon beast took "Best Multi Jet Post 1940" and amazingly "Top Gun Award" for model of the year!! :gobsmacked:

needless to say it will take a wee while for normal service to resume!!

• Like 4