1/144 - Beriev Be-10 "Mallow" by Amodel - released

Homebee

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I'll be the first to say it - I'd love to see them do this in 1/72nd scale. I've always thought the Mallow was an interesting, even handsome-looking aircraft.

Regards,

Jason

Have always been fascinated by the Be-10 since reading about Ferdy Foxwell causing havoc on the US fleet with them in the war game in Len Deighton's Spy Story.

It's been in the Hannants future releases section for a while now...dutifully placed on back order, wonderful looking beast, just need Modelsvit come up with the goods in 1/72nd now....

We don't as I would have to buy it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK these are available over here now and managed to pick one up from Hannants whilst on a visit to the Lowestoft warehouse yesterday, literally hot off the press. Great subject, good quality mouldings and detail work including the option to choose between the standard rear turret armed Be-10 and the single record breaking modified M-10,(40 Yellow) nice touch. Decals for three aircraft. This will be a magazine build so no WIP...I'm looking forward to cracking on with it, the Be-10 being a long time favorite of mine....(very tempted to build the proposed Be-10N missile strike aircraft version now !)...

Just a few in-box images...the recessed panel lines are nicely done and the glazing very clear...Amodel have come a long way !

DSC_0007_zpsipyvg66f.jpg

DSC_0009_zpswcchzj8w.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsvksckski.jpg

DSC_0008_zpsrvzrm1iv.jpg

DSC_0012_zps9sl0yykk.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at the reviews linked to here, I've got to agree the kit looks great and Amodel have certainly come a long way. Their kits are fun to build as they require the right amount of building skills to complete. I am tempted by this one...