Italeri Napoleonics

Nice pictures!

Glad to se Nanpoleonic figures as well on this site. Concerning the french Carbiniers they usually rode on black horses (as all heavy cavalry as the guard horse grenadiers or at least dark horses). Black horses was the aim for the the cuirassiers as well but they where often seen with horses of other colours...

http://www.napolun.com/mirror/web2.airmail.net/napoleon/cavalry_Napoleon.html

It's sad that Italeri made the carabinierhorses that small and with the wrong size of the heavy cavalery chabraque.

I don´t knew if you knew about it but there is a good forum on the HäT site concerning figures...

Best R.

André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

Thanks André, I didn't know there was a HäT site, I tend to refer to Plastic Soldier Review. These were done many years ago and I've got a lot more reference material now - who knows, I may even get around to repainting them. Thanks for the heads-up :thumbsup:

Hello Ratch!

I´ve been a collector of Napoleonics since I got Airfix Le HAye Sainte set in the mid 70'ths. It was a big thing when HäT started up their site an I would say they made an rebirth of the plastic figure hobby. HäT wa at least en year before Plastic Soldier Review. I think your napoleonics look nice and it would be sad if you would repaint them. Keep them as they are and get new figures instead. Then you can show people how the hobby has changed.

Strelets also has an nice site but I´ve think HäT has one of the more interesting sites.

Best R.

André

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Nice work.

What rule sets are you going to be using for these ?

As for the specific colour and size of horses, and indeed uniform colours, everything was fine when in Barracks but I think it is widely acknowledged these things went out of the window fairly rapidly on Campaign.

I do have some Italeri (?) Prussians from a Magazine review I wrote a couple of years ago and I may have to get some of them out.

Thanks, I read the old AIRFIX magazine guide 4 Napoleonic Wargaming ISBN 0 85059 178 3 while on holiday and was going to try them, but then I got the Perry Miniatures Travel Battle and may try to simplify the Airfix rules to something like the Travel Battle ones. Who knows - things might yet change.

I am aware that there were 'variations' in the field, but for identification purposes I like to go as near as possible to King's/Emperor's Regulations :giggle:

If they were for a diorama that would be another case :hobbyhorse:

• 1 year later...