September 39.PZ-11c

Hi folk's,picture the scene,warm sunny day,early seventies and the Saturday afternoon dog-fight's have started with our paper

round money spent and latest kit built and painted (even in some case's still wet) I join the swirling Spitfire,s and 109's five feet

above the corner of a lawn that is forever England to howl's of laughter" what,s that"? shouts one of my friend's."they were'nt

in the Battle of Britain" shout's the kid with a Phantom,it was me with Revell,s PZ 11.A few month's ago I got a hankering to

build another but with only Heller's and Revell's kit,s out there at silly prices I decided to forget it so at the Northern show last

month browsing the trader's stand I saw these at £2:95 each and despite Knowing that some of the kit;s contained in this

companies boxes would win a prize at cruft's I took a punt.

SDC13796%20640x480_zpsoszqm0kq.jpg

What you get is a nice Italerish box

SDC13797%20640x480_zpsohr5u44d.jpg

Some really well printed decal's

SDC13798%20640x480_zpsmx6zzszl.jpg

Instruction,s and colour call out's that put most other's to shame.And OK a very basic kit with decent engraved lines in

places but very delicate raised detail and effect's

SDC13800%20640x480_zpsavsx9b7g.jpgSDC13801%20640x480_zpsoqmqex58.jpg

Only a couple of session's and you are here,so quite a quick build! and to be honest probably better than Revell,s offering

at least,

• Like 8

I have the Mirage 1:48 one in the stash, such a Flash Gordon aircraft, might bump it up in the next to do pile, so will be watching this with a view to wanton plagiarism.

Regards

Strickers

• Like 1

I was wondering about getting this kit myself, but partly put off by the maker.

Do reckon it's worth a punt?

Sean

• Like 1

I remember dog fighting my Matchbox Buffalo against the same companies Hawk. Mine had some garish paint schemes which seemed appropriate in the early '70s. I think my Mustang was all over gold and copper.

And the top of the coalhouse made a great enemy airfield.

Edited by Darby
  • Like 2

I was wondering about getting this kit myself, but partly put off by the maker.

Do reckon it's worth a punt?

Sean

Definitely Sean, See how these turn out and decide.

• Like 1

I'll tag along if you don't mind Steve, I like the P.11 and have the Heller kit in the stash.

Azur also do one as well as some variant types and the P.24 (I've got the Greek Air Force version of that one and it looks a good kit).

Yours looks pretty good so far, how's the fit been?

Cheers,

Stew

Thank,s Stew,fit has been superb so far' the wing is a one piece affair but there is a large rectangular hole that look's like it was meant for a stand

to fill underneath the Cockpit not having seen the Heller kit I don't know if this is a copy but it is very similar in style and feel to their kits,I was in my

LMS yesterday and he has just had a delivery of this companies kits so I got their Mk2 Hurricane for a fiver and inside the box was Heller's still very

nice little kit and an awful decal sheet so caution needed if anyone fancies one of their kit's.

• Like 1

Looking good so far Steve,

I like the PZL P-II so look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Regards,

Mark

Thank's Mark,just a simple brush painted project intended no frills,no weathering.

Hi all, too nice a day for modeling today but I did get the last coats's of paint on earlier took about four coat's of very thinned paint to get a nice finish

the last one with a flat brush,engine is very basic so just painted NATO black and dry brushed not a lot can be seen due to the large prop hub and

engine cover,thank's for popping in.

SDC13804%20640x480_zpsi6iuplvi.jpgSDC13805%20640x480_zpse5mfhpcf.jpgSDC13806%20640x480_zpsfcngiayt.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers Steve, I've had thoughts about getting on of these, there's just

something a bit cool and funky about them. The Hurricanes are Heller?

Sean

• Like 1

Hi folk,s forgot to let you know the September 39 boxing also has this sheet included.

SDC13807%20640x480_zpsfu2ey8gy.jpg

Edited by stevej60

Cheers Steve, I've had thoughts about getting on of these, there's just

something a bit cool and funky about them. The Hurricanes are Heller?

Sean

Hi Sean yea,here we are.Nice box.

SDC13808%20640x480_zpsuiiitman.jpg

Heller,s still cracking little kit.

SDC13810%20640x480_zpsmfua1fls.jpg

Lovely instruction sheet and awful decal's luckily I,ve got loads of roundel's so only the code's and serial's needed.

SDC13811%20640x480_zpso1yhp0mf.jpg

Hi Steve ot is a nice kit.

I also have one but in 1/48 from Mirage.

Do you know that first dog fight in 2 ww was betwen kpt Mieczysław Medwecki on p11c serial no 2 and a ju87. P11c was shot down and pilot died.He was first allied pilot shot down in ww2.

But later on Władysław Gnyś shot down 2 germans Do17e. That was first alloed victory in 2ww.

Cheers

• Like 1

It's looking good Steve, I think the Heller kit has a three-part wing so it probably isn't the same mould as this one... I've got the Heller P.23a/b which looks a nice little kit as well...

I like your colour choices for the camouflage by the way, what did you use?

Cheers,

Stew

p.s. on the strength of your build I have just ordered their PZL P.7 for about five-and-a-half quid including delivery :)

I think I'll hitch a lift on this thread too, I've this kit plus the Azur one for this & the Pz.24 in Greek service like Stew. ( I should've just cut & pasted his post) :D I've seen some nice jobs done on this elsewhere & as you'd guess from the kits I have, I find it quite attractive.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

Hi Steve ot is a nice kit.

I also have one but in 1/48 from Mirage.

Do you know that first dog fight in 2 ww was betwen kpt Mieczysław Medwecki on p11c serial no 2 and a ju87. P11c was shot down and pilot died.He was first allied pilot shot down in ww2.

But later on Władysław Gnyś shot down 2 germans Do17e. That was first alloed victory in 2ww.

Cheers

Thank's for that Pawel,I think the polish campaign tends to be overshadowed by later event,s and the P11 not recognised as the fine fighter it was

despite the opposition,by the way I am going to re-visit Heller,s "Karas" soon I built one many year,s ago and just picked up an old but lovely boxing.

It's looking good Steve, I think the Heller kit has a three-part wing so it probably isn't the same mould as this one... I've got the Heller P.23a/b which looks a nice little kit as well...

I like your colour choices for the camouflage by the way, what did you use?

Cheers,

Stew

p.s. on the strength of your build I have just ordered their PZL P.7 for about five-and-a-half quid including delivery :)

Hi Stew,paint is my usual Tamiya mixed to what I think look's right,this was based on their Khaki with a touch of olive green and red brown.I know

you are not "fazed" by a kit,s limitation's so looking forward to see your take on the P7.Have we had a Polish GB?

I think I'll hitch a lift on this thread too, I've this kit plus the Azur one for this & the Pz.24 in Greek service like Stew. ( I should've just cut & pasted his post) :D I've seen some nice jobs done on this elsewhere & as you'd guess from the kits I have, I find it quite attractive.

Steve.

Thank,s Steve,I,m trying not to get "bogged" down in 48 again scale so these cheap 72 scale kit's are a nice distraction.

• Like 1

Hi all,just a quick update from a bit of progress last night,both are at the same stage wheel's on engine cowling on and the large cover for the

front of the engine.

SDC13820%20640x480_zpsjmhnb7it.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Stew,paint is my usual Tamiya mixed to what I think look's right,this was based on their Khaki with a touch of olive green and red brown.I know

you are not "fazed" by a kit,s limitation's so looking forward to see your take on the P7.Have we had a Polish GB?

Thanks Steve :)

To be honest I'd prefer a smart new-tool P.7... but in the absence of that I will settle for anything that is easier than carving myself one out of a lump of plastic; sometimes an old or basic kit is still the best one available :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Cheers Steve, I like Heller's kits, most are pretty decent. It's off to the 'bay to get some PZs,

Sean

• Like 1

This thread is making my want to go an track down another Revell PZL P11c. My favourite kit of the type (nostalgia I guess).

Martin

Oops! I just ended up bidding on one!

• Like 2