Will be watching this one Speedman, I got a box of these waiting for me at HLJ waiting to be shipped. They look to be the same quality as the Mustangs I built a while ago.

Looking forward to more :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 2 weeks later...

These look sweet (pun not intended) and fun to build.

Why is one in clear plastic??

Trevor

ps what mk is the Zvezda one?

They do it to save having to create a separate mould for the clear parts. They can just run off normal and clear in the same mould and put one of each in a box. The great thing with this method is that they give you both types of prop on the sprue plus the Volks filter, so now I've got some spares for use on my Zvezda kits. (Which are Mk.1s by the way)

Interior painted, fuselage together and radiator fitted.

2015-07-27%2016.10.2301_zps3pkw77a9.jpg

Tailplanes on.

2015-07-27%2016.16.3301_zpsadtbawa9.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

These are coming along nicely,........if you have not built this kit before beware of the decals because although they look superb they just don`t want to stick to the kit and silver like made, even onto a gloss surface and using setting solutions,......I wish you luck,

Cheers

Tony

if you have not built this kit before beware of the decals because although they look superb they just don`t want to stick to the kit and silver like made, even onto a gloss surface and using setting solutions

That's strange, I've used the four spare markings already on my Zvezda Hurricanes and they went on beautifully. I wonder if they've changed to a different decal paper at some point?

I've added the radio masts, fitted and masked the landing lights, and I'm using the spare canopies to mask the interior when I spray the primer.

2015-08-10%2013.19.1901_zpsb1kehozj.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the lack of updates, :blush: but modelling time is really tight at the moment and I've been concentrating on the kits rather than editing and uploading individual photos. So here's a batch covering the last six weeks...

Primed and pre-shaded.

2015-09-03%2020.49.3201_zpsfpfpo2bi.jpg

Xtracrylix RAF Sky for the undersides.

2015-09-03%2020.50.1001_zpsz7jmcnj9.jpg

2015-09-03%2020.50.2501_zpso6zka3hm.jpg

Dark earth on and masked off with Blu Tack and Maskol ready for some green.

2015-09-07%2018.43.58_zpswttjrrtp.jpg

2015-09-12%2000.37.5501_zps4pfd0rfl.jpg

Scrap decals sprayed green, cut and applied to the frame.

2015-09-12%2000.39.3201_zpsdoxbnh79.jpg

Ooooh... Small!! (That's my little finger!)

2015-09-17%2018.54.2301_zps4wsts84h.jpg

• Like 4

They are coming along really well Speedman. I'd never thought about painting the decals... Doesn't the paint run off in the water?? My box of goodies turned up last week when I was in the States. I got the tropical set as well, no cannons tho... :( Looking forward to more. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 1 month later...

I'd never thought about painting the decals... Doesn't the paint run off in the water??

I coat them Microscale's Liquid Decal Film, you'd be surprised how durable the finish is. I can even position the decals with a scalpel blade and it doesn't flake off!

Apologies for the lack of updates, I've had a lot on at work plus a holiday so I've not had much time to sort out photos and upload them. I've been plodding along with the build and have finally finished! :) Here's a run-down of the rest of the build...

Most of the decals on.

IMG_20151006_200710_zpsj1grbpym.jpg

The rest of the decals on and the undercarriage fitted.

IMG_20151009_01520701_zpsbjhcortu.jpg

Weathering sprayed on and a few coats of Humbrol Clear.

IMG_20151022_20185701_zpsvgm9isde.jpg

Matt coat sprayed using Humbrol Clear mixed with Tamiyas Flat Base, props & canopies fitted, landing lights unmasked & detail painting done. Just a few last touch ups around the canopy to do.

IMG_20151025_15214501_zpsz9oaizdp.jpg

• Like 1

Really well done,.......brilliant job!

I`ve built a few of these and I have always found the decals awful as they won`t stick and silver like mad,...even on a really glossy finish,....how did you get yours to stick so well as they look brilliant?

Cheers

Tony