Strathallan Lancaster

goggsy

Not sure if this has been posted before but if not then I thought it might be of interest, The sad tale of the ex Strathallan collection Lanc, including some interesting detail shots of various bays, pipework etc that might be of use to someones superdetailing.

http://www.timefadesaway.co.uk/strathallan/kb976/kb_976_7.html

• Like 1

Even damaged those airframe components would have provided valuable evidence for the painting of Lancasters inside and out. But the warbird restoration/rebuild community never seem to think of that or to demonstrate best practice in analysing and recording that evidence before it is destroyed.

Nick

Even damaged those airframe components would have provided valuable evidence for the painting of Lancasters inside and out. But the warbird restoration/rebuild community never seem to think of that or to demonstrate best practice in analysing and recording that evidence before it is destroyed.

Nick

I can understand that back in the 80's, but is that still the case today? I would have thought with he $$$ being spent on a restoration, markings, stencils and colours would all be taken into account?

Trevor

• 8 months later...

I remember seeing her and the rest of the Strathallan collection in the late 1970's (possibly '77 or '78). They all still lived outside at the time and I was amazed by the size of the collection.

Duncan B

Nick

Kermit Weeks had got to be one the best warbird conservation advocates out there. He had a Facebook page and was recently showing off his Lancaster bits.

Tony