Dornier Do.17Z

Good morning to All

Is more time that I not build a german bomber, this is a good opportunity

At present a good kit is this Dornier Do.17z of Airfix, I'll stuff it with some set aftermarket that uncle Eduard gives us......

The version will be the only one about the period from the box:

8/kampfgeschwader 77, Laon-Couvron ,Northern France July 1940

here the box art and sets.

Kit.jpg

I hope to make a step by step construction, but I'll start after 31 july because I will be on holiday in Marina di Carrara (Tuscany) two week; but probably the tape of the modeller will stand with me on holiday, in the garden under the magnolia, the fragrance of flowers, the beautiful ladies who are curious about the my hobby (very unlikely) and his wife away........

• Like 13

Ettore , i do lke your holiday plans . Tell the beautiful ladies that not only do you like scale models , but you also like home improvements ;)

Will be following your build very closely

Alistair

Ciao Ettore, I'm sure you will make that excellent kit proper justice! Happy holiday and try to find some kind of a river with fish in it too 😊. Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68

For Gruffy: Yes, 8/kampfgeschwader 77, Laon-Couvron ,Northern France July 1940

For vppelt68: Dear friend nothing fishing this holiday, only sun and rest, and fortunately there isn't my mother-in-law, my wife and my son very unhappy to go with us

Ettore

Edited by Ettore

Hello Everybody
I could not resist the temptation to show the first works before the holidays
I glued the metal parts of the cockpit and prepared everything for the first base color; then I will make clearer the interior panels and will work with oils, eventually will paint by hand the small pieces.

1_Componenti%20del%20cockpit.jpg

2_Componenti%20del%20cockpit%202.jpg

3_Componeneti%20semifusoliere.jpg

And now Goodbye to All ! :bye:

Ettore

• Like 12

Just been studying your work so far and finding it really difficult to get to grips with the amount of incredible detail you have achieved so far in 1/72! Utterly superb modelling! Looks like it could be a 1/32 model.

My kit just arrived today from Hannants. I hope I can do half as good a job as you have done so far, Ettore.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody

you will do better, calm and patience, not chasing anyone
Today I will try 'to mount some hydraulic hose and an electrical wire

Ettore

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One more day and Thursday I get home from holiday, I have pictures to show you about the Dornier
see you soon..........

Ettore

PS : However, it is well on vacation :P

• Like 2

Good afternoon

Finally and unfortunately I returned home from vacation, here are some photos of the works prepared in any free moment:

- First I gave a painted Grau 02 Gunze (H70)

6_primer%20Grau%2002.jpg

- I thought well to brighten the interior but obviously I exaggerated too

7_Schiaritura%20pannelli%20interni%20.jp

- Then I repainted with grau, colorful details and made a minimum of washing

8_Cockpit%20dipinto.jpg

- Here, other parts of the cockpit

9_Particolari%20del%20cockpit.jpg

- In the compartment of the tail wheel I have added only two frames, then will the RLM 02

A_10_Ruotino%20di%20coda.jpg

- And finally, during the breaks, I started detailing the wheel bays, missing idraulic plumbing

A_11_particolari%20vani%20carrelli.jpg

- The bomb bay is quite complex, I have to figure out if the best solution is to close the two half fuselages or mount it first; but before beginning to glue all internal details

byeeeee

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 8

Yes, enough, plenty of sun and sea, click on the link and you'll see a decent tan ..........

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206509600592571&set=a.10206457416888011.1073741826.1046947345&type=1

Thanks Ozzy

• 4 weeks later...

Hi people

I return after a long pause about Do-17z; ok, now it's just a week that I re started the work!

after the preparation of the cockpit I did a dry test with the fuselage closed with tape

A_11_Montaggio%20a%20secco.jpg

really, at this stage, I glued only the cockpit into two parts of fuselage , but then i joined everything with tape

Some details of the cockpit:

A_12_Cockpit%20inserito.jpg

A_13_Cockpit%20inserito%202.jpg

A_14_Cockpit%20inserito%203.jpg

The next step was to make a progressive bonding of the fuselage, before the rear part

A_15_Incollaggio%20progressivo%20posteri

And after a day the front side( upper and down)

A_16_Colla%20anteriore.jpg

A_17_colla%20anteriore%202.jpg

I'll see now to fill the cracks and see if is good to mount the photoetched bomb bay , or not! It depends on the difficulty !

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 10