Nick's Ready for Battle set - Bedford finished! Albion starting...

Thanks Rob, you are too kind! i used Tamiya thinners, but i'm thinking maybe i thinned it too much? Never had a problem before, i've finished the pot now as most of it ended up all over the Hurricane :banghead:

I've just put another coat of Klear on it and things are looking good - I'm feeling a lot more positive about it now anyway, hopefully decals on tomorrow, my favourite part!

Ozzy, i think i picked up some literature from the t2 owners club at busfest a couple of weeks ago, reckon i'll join up, even if its just for the club discounts for shows/insurance/etc etc. They seemed a friendly bunch, as are most VeeDub owners i've found.

I'm not quite ready for a full rfi thread on the camper yet, i've still got paintwork to do and a few other bits and pieces.

But heres a sneak peak, kettle on at Golden Valley last weekend....

DSC_0838_zps9yi2qzsj.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Nick. Both the Bedford and the Hurricane are looking excellent! Shame the Hurricane is fighting back but it looks like you are beating it into submission! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks chaps!

I've had an unexpected day off today, kids are at school, wife is at work.... So i've put my morning to good use and done some modelling :evil_laugh:

Decals are on, and despite my misgivings about the finish on this i'm starting to like it now -

20150925_133500_zpsg4nazlqd.jpg

20150925_133516_zps5ksotqkw.jpg

They look a bit wrinkly because the Micro Sol is still doing it's magic, they should settle down nicely though. I do like Airfix decals, they always go on well and look great when done (Tamiya and Academy take note!)

I'll give it all a coat of Klear again and do some light weathering using the oil dot method i think, i've had some success with that before so i'll see how i get on.

In the meantime i've got some wheels, prop, and exhausts to paint.

Thanks for looking, Nick

• Like 4

Right chaps, i'm calling the Bedford done -

20150930_195153_zpsolcwdq8u.jpg

20150930_195234_zps1jw0br82.jpg

20150930_195258_zpskem3hmk2.jpg

20150930_195310_zpslcunyjxj.jpg

My apologies for the shocking picture quality, turns out Samsung phone's make excellent telephonic devices, but crap camera's... I have a nice dslr upstairs so the final pics might be a bit better (Can't promise though...)

The Hurricane is now decaled and matt coated, but it's still being a bear of a build and seemingly thwarting me at every turn. Some builds just turn out like that for me :banghead:

I'm going to make a start on the Albion refueller tonight, there isn't long left till the end of the GB but i'm going to try my best to get as much done as possible.

Stay tuned for updates, and thanks for reading,

Nick

• Like 6

Thanks Steve (and Rob, Ozzy and philp).

I made a start on the Albion, an hours graft and i had this -

20150930_211811_zpsh2llgaxv.jpg

Very nice fit on this on far (Like the Bedford), a joy to build. Hopefully more progress tonight!

Thanks for looking,

Nick

• Like 4

Excellent work on the Bedford! It looks great and I love the finish! And it looks like you have made a good start on the Albion too. Looking forward to more. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nick. Just checking back through the builds and noticed we haven't had an update on this project of yours for a while. Have you managed to get any more done? Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Hi Stix, unfortunately no, i've been caught up with work and family stuff so the modelling has been knocked on the head a bit. It's very unlikely it will be finished by the end of the group build but i'll crack on with it as soon as i can. It will get done though, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the interest though, it has got me thinking about it again!

Nick

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well chaps, my first GB and i failed miserably! :whistle:

Sods law dictates that just as the GB finishes i suddenly get both the time and inclination to carry on with the build....

I'll move it over to the KUTA GB, hopefully i'll finish that one!

Nick

• Like 2