XB-70 Valkyrie - 1-72 Italeri

Aye, have seen the image. Shame there isn't a mid point option in the kit.

I've yet to try mine on the gear (am waiting on sac metal gear) but have a feeling the drooped option in the kit might put the tips too close to the ground.

I like the look of her better with the wing tips drooping, so might have to modify the black sections between the main wings and the wing tips.

Edited by S5 modeller
  • Like 1

Aye, have seen the image. Shame there isn't a mid point option in the kit.

I've yet to try mine on the gear (am waiting on sac metal gear) but have a feeling the drooped option in the kit might put the tips too close to the ground.

I like the look of her better with the wing tips drooping, so might have to modify the black sections between the main wings and the wing tips.

I expect with some work you could alter the angle to the mid-point. I thought about it myself by cutting of the tabs, and cementing them back on to the wing tips at a more appropriate position. As you can tell, I didn't in the end :)

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of Firefox ! But its coming along nicely.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is as good as done. I am going to mount it onto a wooden plinth, just in the process of sorting that out. I'll put up pics once it's ready.

Meanwhile, here it is, the "What-if" Valkyrie. And what a sight (and sound) this could have been over Norfolk!!

B-70E Valkyrie "Sledgehammer". Armed with 6 x AGM-84H SLAM-ER's and 6 x AGM-154 JSOW C's

21693252181_c5db8e4382_n.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

21693250521_d2453f290f_n.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

21061366734_99758d66a1_n.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

21657982946_c481da768a_n.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

21684044295_1f562c26b1_n.jpgUntitled by ian gaskell, on Flickr

• Like 7

• 4 months later...