Assembly Ship Lemon Drop 44 BG

Hi all well l hope to be building a Assembly Ship B24 ,cant say witch one when the decals get here !!

The Kit

IMG_1208_zps0m3kh8ue.jpg

IMG_1209_zpswzmacbd6.jpg

IMG_1212_zpsud8srsx7.jpg

IMG_1211_zps6y4nkcyp.jpg

IMG_1214_zpsflttgelf.jpg

More to follow ....Les

• Like 4

Well done so far. I recommend you build the nose the same way as Nils. I didn't, followed the instructions. .........., and had to take it off 3times.

Regards Toby

Thanks for the heads up Toby

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guy`s has any one had trouble getting the nose together on this kit? or it me ,took a hour to get the cockpit floor to fit

IMG_1230_zps9obqunxp.jpg

IMG_1231_zpsx1lmh17d.jpg

IMG_1232_zpsczvbqwe7.jpg

Cheer`s Les

• Like 2

Coming along nicely Les,

The upper section of the nose looks like a poor fit,.....maybe the mating parts could do with a bit of sanding to make the fit better? Looking forward to seeing the colourful finish going on,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Coming along nicely Les,

The upper section of the nose looks like a poor fit,.....maybe the mating parts could do with a bit of sanding to make the fit better? Looking forward to seeing the colourful finish going on,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony l can see what you mean with the price tag on this kit lm not impressed, Academy is just as good as a finished build

Les

Good job so far Les. One thing - i m realy sorry i did not noticed it earlier (only now when i did read about the bad nose fit..) - the problem might be in the instructions, when you are completing the cockpit and the first wall in there - in the instructions it is drawed exactly how you did it. But the first wall should be pushed on the floor, like 5mm more towards the cockpit - then the "floor" continues through the front pit wall and makes the table there. It is totaly Hasegawa´s fault and their wrong instructions, i m sorry i was not here earlier to tell you .. :( But it seems you managed to get the nose together quite good anyway

• Like 1

Very nice! I'm not normally a huge fan of the Liberator, other than Coastal Command ships, but I do love the assembly ships. I've always fancied doing the polka dot one, but I think this is an even better scheme. It should look fantastic when finished!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dry fit for wings and tail ,after the fun l had with the nose these`s went in a treat ,well something had to go right !!

IMG_1255_zpsr4fxjyfm.jpg

IMG_1256_zpshwqyq5yy.jpg

22197a6e-6024-41f1-a4a4-a6fa25f53aa4_zps

IMG_1257_zpszr8a5xng.jpg

IMG_1260_zpso1zegunm.jpg

IMG_1263_zpslh8tn94b.jpg

Cheer`s Les

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the assembly ships and will eventually do at least one myself.

At the US Nats in Seattle back in 1992 (I think) the program included a good story on Lemon Drop and decals in 72nd and 48th scale.

Think I still have them if you are interested.

• 2 weeks later...