Dazdots 109e1 JG53 Rennes Aug 1940 +++Finished+++

Ok been busy with family all weekend so tonight was first time I've had chance to upload photos

All markings are sprayed using masks but stencils where suitable are decals the markings need touching up where possible and still needs klear and oil wash

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

to be honest i'm pleased with the masks for a first attempt but this will probably be the last time i use tamiya paint on luftwaffe aircraft i prefer gunze by a long way now

• Like 4

Looking very nice, guess you never will run out of interesting Luftwaffe camo and marking schemes.

Good job with the red band around the cowling, thats a difficult, while multi shaped area.

Great build and great finish, a ProfiPack Emil is what i am looking for, especially the E -3 version. The mount of Pips Priller looks really nice.

Great work, Daz! You think the oil cooler was poor fitting, you should try fitting an engine, exhausts, bulkhead and firewall in there too like I did....really poorly engineered by Eduard, especially in todays modern technological world of CAD/CAM.

Keep having fun!

Cheers :)

Martin

Hmmmm martin I read the reveiuws and saw what issues people were going to have and discression was the better part of valour. Plus l like planes closed up I built the 1/48 e 4 for the 109 GB ages ago opened up and knew what was coming. It's important to note that this kit and the bf110 in 1/48 produced by Eduard are at a crossover point for them from their limited run days into mas production and as such you get a mass produced limited run kit! When you get to the hellcat of the same time that was well and trully sorted and is still my favourite single seat fighter produced by them. Thanks for the kind comments now I'm going to have a look at your e3

Darren