Churchill's speech inspires one his Few. P/O Ken Mackenzie **FINISHED**

And onto the finishing straight. Wheels & tyres glued & painted, canopy masked ready for paint, then some weathering of the u/c & I think that will be it.

The base that it will be displayed on is currently in production, but I do have an alternative.

Pics to follow.

FINISHED.

May I present P/O Ken Mackenzie after sortie 1, 7th Oct 1940 awaiting his second scramble of the day & his date with destiny.

IMG_1332_zpsfr1tg5hf.jpgIMG_1334_zps3tgkw0f9.jpgIMG_1335_zpskywgext2.jpgIMG_1336_zpsyx1ivcmu.jpgIMG_1337_zps2rpgoel3.jpgIMG_1338_zpsz4xs7zvs.jpgIMG_1339_zpsb9mvpcp8.jpgIMG_1340_zpsvp4jqdxz.jpgIMG_1341_zpsofrwlvd4.jpg

I attached some wire to the rear rudder.

IMG_1342_zpsxihcemoa.jpgIMG_1343_zpsiflo34bv.jpgIMG_1333_zps1w1kdawu.jpg

"May it not also be that the cause of civilisation itself will be defended by the skill and devotion of a few thousand airmen? There has never been, I suppose, in all the world, in all the history of war, such an opportunity for youth. The Knights of the Round Table, the Crusaders, all fall back into the past - not only distant but prosaic; these young men, going forth every morn to guard their native land and all that we stand for, holding in their hands these instruments of colossal and shattering power, of whom it may be said that
Every morn bought forth a noble chance
And every chance bought forth a noble knight,
deserve our gratitude, as do all the brave men who, in so many ways and on so many occasions, are ready, and continue ready to give life and all for their native land."

Quote by Winston Churchill.

I think it it says it all.

My thanks to all the brave Airmen who gave everything so that we may live in freedom.

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 5

Looks fantastic, I like the tea towel, are you going to do a Blenheim?

Cheers Ozzy.

Tea towel? its the 75th Anniversary flag folded over. Just so happens that the silhouettes appear to be 1/48th.

Ps No the 1/72 Blenheim is on the shelf of doom.

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1

Looks great. One thing I might suggest though; Perhaps add some ground crew looking as though they're working hard to re-fit the gun bay panels? Just looks a little odd that the pilot is ready for the off yet the bay is still exposed.

Dan

• Like 1

You've managed a modelling rarity Hockeyboy, it looks better the more you zoom in, rather than the other way around. Great details on this one for sure.

Cheers Cookie, not bad photos for an IPhone.

Edited by Hockeyboy76

My brother-in-law is a professional photographer and has a couple of very expensive Nikons and lots of lenses, when he was here recently he just used his IPhone ( the latest version ) for photography and had some impressive results, as have you.

I enjoyed the build and will probably start mine soon after seeing it.

Regards

John

• Like 1