Churchill's speech inspires one his Few. P/O Ken Mackenzie **FINISHED**

Yes both finishes look great. I'm a brush painter too - I haven't even tried an airbrush and don't think I will anytime soon. Like you I occasionally use a rattle can but mostly for the final varnish coat. Keep up the good work.

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3

Thanks for all your kind comments guys. I'm a brush painter, never been able to get to grips with an airbrush, although I do occasionally use rattle cans and chuffed to bits with the results today. Even coverage & no runs.

Yes both finishes look great. I'm a brush painter too - I haven't even tried an airbrush and don't think I will anytime soon. Like you I occasionally use a rattle can but mostly for the final varnish coat. Keep up the good work.

I'm with you chaps hairy stick all the way.

• Like 2

Latest photo update,

Hum 30 has been sprayed & masks removed to reveal this beauty

IMG_1249_zpsfgwa6cuz.jpgIMG_1250_zpsh1jd7coi.jpg

Than after a coat of Future, decaling begins & we have this

IMG_1251_zpsbnztwcje.jpg

and this

IMG_1254_zpsoj6zvsww.jpg

• Like 6

Nice paint job, I do like those material belts I may have to get some. Where did you get the masks from?

• Like 1

Nice paint job, I do like those material belts I may have to get some. Where did you get the masks from?

Hannants dude. First time I have used masks & really impressed with the results.

• Like 1

Cheers, Biggles & Cookie. Really pleased myself with how well it turned out. Decalling almost finished then onto the weathering. Hope I don't make a mess of that.

Wow, the paint finish is outstanding. What do you use for the decals?, they look painted on.

Sean

Cheers Sean. They are the kit decals with Micro Sol & Set. The Airfix decals are a little on the thick side.
  • Like 1

It won't let me 'like' your work, but as they say its the thought that counts!

Your work looks brilliant and the transfers have come out a treat.

Looking forward to your weathering processes

Rob

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good buddy, excellent finish on the paint and the decals have settled really well.

Cheers John. Some of the decals needed a little push with a scapel to settle.