1/72 - Percival Provost T.Mk.1 by S&M Models - released

Homebee

S&M Models is to release a 1/72nd Percival P.56 Provost T.Mk.1 kit - ref.?

Source: http://sandmmodels.co.uk/sm-models-news/final-production-cad-drawings-for-the-provost-t1/

This full injection moulded kit will be released in 4 boxings:

- British

- Ireland and Rhodesia

- Foreign Users (Burma, Sudan, Iraq)

- Civil use

Final Production CAD drawings

provost-T1b.jpg

provost-T1.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Source: http://sandmmodels.co.uk/news/

August 7th 2015

Here they are. The first images of the Provost test shots. The decals are also complete and we are pleased to show them for the first time as well. Progress is swift and we hope to have the first kits in the next few weeks. Micro Mir have been have been fantastic in their efforts for us and if you’d care to note we will be stocking their range of kits in the future including the new Beverley. We hope that shortly we will be able to announce a 1/48 scale joint venture kit with Micro Mir to be available for Southern Expo 2016. Watch this space….

Provost-1.jpg

Provost-2.jpg

Provost-3.jpg

Provost-4.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

They Are On Their Way!
August 29th 2015

The first production run of S&M’s new tool Hunting Provost has been completed and is on it’s way to us. Many thanks to Micro-Mir for their co-operation and superb efforts with this kit.
The brand new model of the Piston Provost used as a basic trainer in Britain and many overseas countries during the 50’s and 60’s. Examples are still flying today and can seen at venues such as the Shuttleworth Collection.
The box art is completed and shown here. For the first time this kit of the Provost includes full cockpit detail as taken from the example at Tangmere Aviation Museum in Sussex. “Sincerest thanks to all at Tangmere who assisted with access to their Provost cockpit section”. Also for the first time in this kit Rocket Rails and Bomb Racks are included for the armed version as used in combat by the RRAF.
The three issues will be British including air force and civil markings. Ireland and Rhodesia issue including the armaments and the Foreign Operators issue with full markings for Sudan, Burma, Malaysia, Oman and Iraq.

smk72-31.jpg

smk72-32.jpg

smk72-33.jpg

Check the web site for a release date.

Please next one in quarter scale.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/cat/scale-modelling-212.html

132211_0.jpg Percival Hunting Provost (British Operators) - Future Release - S&M models - 1 : 72 - SMK72-31 - € 20.62 EU - incl. tax € 24.95

132210_0.jpg Percival Hunting Provost (Foreign Operators) - Future Release - S&M models - 1 : 72 - SMK72-33 - € 20.62 EU - incl. tax € 24.95

132209_0.jpg Percival Hunting Provost (Irish AF, Rhodesian AF) - Future Release - S&M models - 1 : 72 - SMK72-32 - € 20.62 EU - incl. tax € 24.95

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 2 weeks later...

I am delighted about this future release and have registered my interested at S&M Models for the foreign users boxing, maybe now I will be able to purchase off ebay a couple of Matchbox 1/72 Provosts so that I can use up the other decals in the box??!!

Mel had the Provost kits at Farnborough Modelfest last Saturday, and very good it looked too - nicely detailed with fine panel lines. Unfortunately he did not have any boxes, decals or instruction so could not sell them as I would had bought one there and then, but they will be ready by SMW.

John

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Release expected at Telford SMW 2015

October 31st 2015

Scale Model World 2015 at Telford is almost upon us and to coincide S&M’s kit of the 1/72 scale Piston Provost T1 will be released from Friday November 6th on the web site and at the show. There are a number of orders on the wait list and we recommend that you either pre order for the show or through the web site as demand is anticipated to be high.

If you’re coming to Telford don’t forget to pay us a visit in Hall 1 and we will have our full range currently available together with other interesting new items. Also to be announced S&M’s first 1/48 scale injection moulded kit. See you at Telford.

Best Wishes.

Mel

I am so looking forwarded to this one, I have pre-ordered my copy, I would like kit SMK72-33 which I think I have on pre-order at S and M models website, PLEASE let me know Mel as I really want this one and good luck with your sales on this, kind regards Colin

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone have more sprue and canopy shots?

I don't have the pics on me....but the canopy and the kit looks first class. The best provost canopy I have seen thus far with very restrained framing and too scale....

A very nice kit.....the canopy is in 3 parts one for the front and two halfs for the rear.

Rgds

Mr B

• 3 months later...

Got 2 kits...Need 2 more...

Any good idea how we depict an open canopy?I have a couple of vac for my Matchbox,but dont want to use them on S&M...

• 6 years later...

I know that Mel sadly passed away a few years ago. But did the S&M Percival Provost ever get released?

From the above it sounds as if some pre-production kits were around, but not widely. I can't find much trace of it on the web.

If it didn't, it's a shame, as it sounded very good.

The Scalemates release date is 2015. I bought one in 2016, at Scalemodelworld IIRC, there were 3 boxings. I have the 2015 one. Lovely looking kit that I stashed after purchase and forgot about, so thanks for prompting me to get it out - now on top of the next-up pile.

Paul.

6 hours ago, Johnson said:

I know that Mel sadly passed away a few years ago. But did the S&M Percival Provost ever get released?

From the above it sounds as if some pre-production kits were around, but not widely. I can't find much trace of it on the web.

If it didn't, it's a shame, as it sounded very good.

Yes, they were on full release. They were a partnership with A Model and very nice as you say. I have two of what I believe were three boxings.

72-31 which had two RAF silver era examples, one with yellow and the other dayglow. Also, a mostly red private example.

72-33 which had markings for Sudan, Oman, Malaysia, and Burma.

The decals were clearly A Model productions. Perhaps A Model will be able release them again at some point in future. They were surely molded in Ukraine. That has already happened with Mel’s Canberras.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

Yes, they were on full release. They were a partnership with A Model and very nice as you say. I have two of what I believe were three boxings.

72-31 which had two RAF silver era examples, one with yellow and the other dayglow. Also, a mostly red private example.

72-33 which had markings for Sudan, Oman, Malaysia, and Burma.

The decals were clearly A Model productions. Perhaps A Model will be able release them again at some point in future. They were surely molded in Ukraine. That has already happened with Mel’s Canberras.

A little separate topic - but AccsGB issued Venoms that are molded very similarly to how S&M models were produced and instructions convey gratitude to Mel (mentioning he passed away). So it seems like Mel was at least taking part in the design of AccsGB Venom. Might it be an indication that AccsGB took over right to issue Venoms from S&M and maybe now maintain some rights to market other S&M models including Provost?

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 1