Old School Hurricane Mk 1 - UPDATE 18/10/15 FINISHED

That looks great Greg!

The little base really sets it off, very evocative of photos from the period.

Well done!

Craig.

Thanks Craig. I'm hoping the home made prop blur doesn't ruin it all!!

Really great pose Greg, I agree with the learnard Mr mottlemaster... Give a great perspective.

Looking forward to the finished article

Rob

Thanks Rob. I'm keen to get this one finished now. Just all the little fiddly bits to add.... :D

Fantastic pose for the Hurricane taking off - very dynamic! The base looks spot on! Lovely work all round! Well done Greg! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Stix. Its good to know putting in the extra effort is paying off. Generally i build straight out the box - wheels down. So trying to do what i'm doing with this kit has streched my limited abilities! Cheers Greg

• Like 1

Thank you Stix. Its good to know putting in the extra effort is paying off. Generally i build straight out the box - wheels down. So trying to do what i'm doing with this kit has streched my limited abilities! Cheers Greg

Your abilities are certainly not limited!!! It's a great project you have produced here!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!! Finished as much as i can do! The prop blur i proposed wasn't working for me so i have just added the spinner without blades. Overall i have enjoyed this project, and has led to my first GB on BM. Here's one of the pics, the rest should appear in the Gallery. Thanks to all for the support and encouragement,

IMG_2153_zpsozxykaza.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Greg. Hope you have had a good weekend. Just been checking out your Hurricane in the Gallery - it looks excellent. You've managed to achieve a really dynamic scene. Lovely stuff. Well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Greg. Hope you have had a good weekend. Just been checking out your Hurricane in the Gallery - it looks excellent. You've managed to achieve a really dynamic scene. Lovely stuff. Well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, a busy weekend for me with non modelling stuff. Thank you for the support mate all the way through my build. Cheers, Greg.

Greg that looks fantastic!

Really evocative of the real thing and the real occasion, very well done mate.

Craig.

Thanks Craig, glad you like it :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

• Like 1

What a great looking Hurricane. You've nailed the take off really well. Joe

• Like 1

I'm still being all smug and happy at seeing one of my favourite old kits turned into something so striking/

I agree with you on the prop blur thing, by the way. I'd rather make something that looks like an aeroplane in flight than something that looks like a photograph of an aeroplane in flight.

• Like 1

Superb end product Greg,love the display idea,really effective,great job all round! :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve, got there in the end, by keeping it as straightforward as possible.

What a great looking Hurricane. You've nailed the take off really well. Joe

Thanks Joe. I took ages trying to get the angel for the take off pose, but the time spent has been worth the dithering lol!

Great work my friend, the second great BoB from your bench :)

Thank you Bernd, glad you like it. I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress now. Cheers!

• Like 1

I'm still being all smug and happy at seeing one of my favourite old kits turned into something so striking/

I agree with you on the prop blur thing, by the way. I'd rather make something that looks like an aeroplane in flight than something that looks like a photograph of an aeroplane in flight.

Many thanks for the kind comments. The old tool Hurricane is still a nice model to build. I again procrastinated over the prop blur, and did make one for it. In the end i felt it obscured the overall look of the model and left it off. Kind regards Greg

• Like 1

You have done a cracking job there Greg, very much feels like its taking off! I would be ecstatic with that result

Rob

Thanks Rob, for once i am quite pleased with how this one turned out. I put in a bit of extra effort in the spirit of the GB and for the Battle of Britain as this, to me, is something of a tribute build. Cheers! :thumbsup:

• Like 1