1/72 Heller/Smer LeO-451

i really like these colour gradients - something that I'm not capable of

It's really not too tricky, just airbrushing freehand. Take it slow and let patience be your best friend!

What a lovely job you`ve done, brilliant,......and that mid upper cannon belongs on a sci fi space ship!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

I like this plane. And many times I was thinking about building a model of the. Powerful gun, interesting undercarriage, original tail, modern-smooth shape, attractive paint scheme. Ther is a lot of reason to build this model. Your model looks really great !!

• Like 1

Excellent. And the gun size!.... It was Hispano 20 mm canon. Perhaps it is a bit oversized, but not much - you may see it on this photo:

http://www.historycy.org/index.php?s=969c68e0581e40ed05c193d37126e82f&act=Attach&type=post&id=3375

Congratulations

J-W

EDIT: Or here:

http://aviarmor.net/aww2/_photo_aircraft/f_fra/leo451/leo451_2.jpg

http://aviarmor.net/aww2/_photo_aircraft/f_fra/leo451/leo451_canon20mm_1.jpg

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

This is great build, congratulations.

Is there any link where we could see the build in progress? I am asking because it seems you gave lot of attention to surface detailining and improvement and I would really like to know step by step what you did to upgrade this kit to this level.

Thanks.

Astounding result with such a kit!

You could have gone really bonker with paint chipping, as these planes had massive areas of paint missing in places... Obviously not the best quality paints!!!

Great job!

JR

• Like 1

This is great build, congratulations.

Is there any link where we could see the build in progress? I am asking because it seems you gave lot of attention to surface detailining and improvement and I would really like to know step by step what you did to upgrade this kit to this level.

Thanks.

I didn't document the build, but perhaps I can explain what I do for older raised kits like this one. I sand off all raised panel lines, then mark with a pencil where I'll be scribing. I use the excellent Tamiya scriber and a small 6inch metal rule to create new panel lines, and the Rivet-R (fine riveter) for rivets. I do the wings first (before joining to the fuselage), but scribe the main body after building, filling and sanding. For more difficult areas like curve of the fuselage I scribe with the help of plenty of Dymo tape.

Just go slow and don't rush, and get a very good lamp!